Prologue

This is my first story I have actually posted, so please bare with me!

Thank you, and enjoy! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Prologue

I moved my mouse across the screen, clicking on the newest e-mail. I shut my eyes tightly and prepared for the harsh truth I was about to read. My heart raced and I felt pain in my chest as I read the newly added word: Fat. I scrolled down and read the message that followed after it. There was always a message, as well. “No one likes you, so to keep it short just die in a hole.” I couldn't take it anymore, my heart felt like it had been crumbled up into a ball. My hopes, gone. This would never end. I scrolled up and read the words that had been added previously.

Worthless

Ugly

Desperate

Stupid

These were all kids from my old school. They had been adding new words and messages everyday since summer started for me and I transferred to my new school. Everyday, I just wanted to click the delete button, send it to spam. But I just couldn't. I've always wanted to be that person who just doesn't care what people think of her but I have come to realize I'm just not. I care too much. Tears stream down my face as I stare down at my wrists. Faint lines in every direction, making a message only I understood. I spat onto my index finger and wiped over the scars on my left wrist, trying to wipe it away even though I know it would be there forever. I promised myself I would never put myself in such a state again, but here I was. I wanted to make myself more like-able at my new school which had succeeded so far. I was the most popular girl at school. The smiles and loud-crazyness I presented everyone with had done the trick. Everyone always told me I was the savior, that school was so dull before I came and that everyone loved me. I felt appreciated, don't get me wrong but if I was there savior then who was mine?

I ran over to my dresser and opened the bottom drawer, pulling out my 6th grade Mathematics textbook. Page 726. That number represented a lot for me; 7/26 my birthday. I flipped my book open to this page and saw all the hateful messages. “Why were you born THIS day?” one said. With an arrow pointing to that message in reply, another said “Why was she born at all? Did Daddy forget the condom and Momma forget the abortion?”

My eyes dropped down to the middle of the page.......a razor. I peeled off the tape holding it down. I promised I wouldn't do this again. “I'm sorry..” I whispered to myself. My heart beat faster as I brought the sharp object to my wrist and slit across. I shut my eyes tight, feeling the pain inside. Suddenly I threw the razor back in the book and locked it away in the drawer as someone banged on the door.

“What?!” I called out.

“Kristina, Louis is going to be here in 30 minutes, get ready!” My mother called from the other side of the door.

My heart skipped a beat as I remember my brother would be coming home for the rest of the summer with his band. I ran into the bathroom, stopped the bleeding from my cut and changed into new clothes.
I threw on a long-sleeved striped sweatshirt, a white tank-top underneath and dark denim shorts. I straightened my naturally curly hair and it came to right above my belly-button. I turned to the mirror, my bright blue eyes staring back. I trailed off into deep thought, but snapped right out as someone came busting into my room, yelling “Krissy!!”

I turned around to see my brother with his arms stretched out. A big smile crept upon my face as I identically exclaimed, “Lou!!”

I ran right into his hug, taking him back a little. He stayed his ground and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“Hey there sis..” he whispered into my ear.

I laughed and admitted “I've missed you.”

“You have no idea..” he responded.

I pulled back to see four other handsome guys standing right behind him. I raised my brow at Louis as he remembered. “Oh yeah..” He chuckled.

I stood in front of the four band-mates Lou always talked about. This is going to be an interesting Summer.