Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Torn

A lump formed in my throat as we sat in the Emergency clinic waiting room. It seemed as though Liam was paralyzed. Zayn had slung Liam onto his back and carried him to the car. We were all frightened, not having the slightest clue as to what could be occurring with him. Right when things began to turn up. I wanted to make Liam proud with my new friends but the sad thing was, he didn't seem proud at all. He almost looked angered. Jealous. I knew it couldn't be possible. Liam had a gorgeous girlfriend who had a promising career as a dancer. He could never learn to love a girl who sat around cutting herself for no reason. But I have reason, I just assume it isn't reasonable. It's not an excuse for harm. That's what I would expect everyone to say. I know Louis would have said something similar to such. That's why I always had this fear. What would he think of his sister then? He would be ashamed, I would be a disgrace.
Suddenly a red-haired woman appeared in front of us, her distinct Scottish accent sticking out as she spoke.

"Are all of you here with Liam James Payne?"

At that moment we rose, anxious to hear the news. "Yes, all of us." We spoke simultaneously.

"We have done some tests, and as of right now nothing can be found wrong with him. From what we know, stress can cause these symptoms. We have been able to pull him out of the paralyzed state. He can move absolutely fine, shows no signs of memory loss and is perfectly well. We will be prescribing him a medication to stabilize his blood pressure, it seemed to blow out of the roof. Oh yes, and he can go home tomorrow." The woman calmly stated.

I let out a loud shriek and immediately ran to his room. My body shook as I slowly opened the door. Tears welled up in my eyes as Liam whispered my name.

"Don't you ever do that again, Liam James Payne." I mumbled, snuggling my head into his chest. "You had me scared to death"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He soothed, running his hands through my hair, curling the ends. I pulled myself onto the bed, wrapping one arm around Liam's torso, my other hand stroking his cheek. We stayed like this for a while in complete silence. The moment was perfect, no words were needed. Our peace was interrupted by the door opening and the others footsteps. We untangled from eachother and I simply walked out the door. That was all I needed, his words and touch. He did things I didn't understand, he kept me grounded in a way nobody ever could. Besides my mother in a rain storm, but that was different. I was a child who needed her mother. Not now. I liked to consider myself independent, like I could rely on myself. I knew I couldn't, but it was a nice thing to picture. I wandered over to a chair and fell into it, burying my face in my hands. I  was at a stuck point in my life, I didn't know what was going on with myself. I felt things I've never felt for anyone else when I'm with him. I know that I've loved him to degree, but he clearly didn't love me. Harry was a suitable friend, and he knew what I wanted. He cared about me, but I know that according to the vibe I get from Louis that he wouldn't want Harry and I happening. In a sense I wanted him. I wanted Liam too. I was torn.

"Uh, hey." Dannon plainly stated, sitting beside me.

"Hey. I thought you guys were visiting Liam?" I cocked a brow, lifting my head to look at him.

"He wanted me to leave. I understand though. I'm a stranger."

Liam was kind, he wouldn't kick out Dannon without a good reason.

"Oh. Uh--I'm sorry. He probably just wanted alone time with his friends." I muttered.

"You think I care what he was doing? I don't care, he's just a fag anyway. It's obvious. What kind of pussy throws a tantrum so bad they end up in a hospital?” He sounded suddenly out of character.

I stood up and began yelling. "Excuse you! I'll have you know that Liam Payne is as straight as anyone could be! He wasn't throwing a fucking tantrum, he was obviously sick. Stressed. He's a world famous popstar, I know I'd be stressed. He is such a gentleman, more than you could ever be. He has an amazing girlfriend, she's beautiful. He loves her very much, you can see it in his eyes. But you know the sad thing? I'm not that girl, and I wish I could be."

"Kris, he doesn't want you! Get over it and find someone in your league."

"My 'league'? So what, I'm better off with YOU? Your in my league? No, okay! I'm better off without you. I don't know what happened. I expected you to be that same boy from years back. When Louis, Justice, you & I would race to the park and stay all day. In the evening we would go back to my place and have whatever baked good my mother had prepared that day. But your not the same. No, your an asshole and I absolutely hate you." I cried out, running down the hall. I ran into Harry as he was exiting Liam's room. I clenched the neck of his shirt in my fingers and cried into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My head was spinning and I felt I could pass out any second. I couldn't help but wonder if I really meant what I said with Dannon. Did I really want to be Liam's special girl?

"You'll be okay, don't worry about him. We'll take care of Dannon. You just stay away from him." He spoke with his deep and slow accented voice.

"Okay. I will. I trust you." I choked, lifting my head and staring into his eyes. I was almost surprised by Harry's actions, actually. I didn't think he had it in him. To be so gentle, I mean. According to everyone Harry was a heartbreaker. I didn't see it, not at this moment anyway. He pushed my hair back and ran the tips of his fingers down my face. His touch was cold, sending shivers down my spine. He moved his lips closer to my cheek, brushing them down my neck. In this moment, there was lust. In this moment, I was desperate. We found our way to an empty supply closet, not willing to show our affection in public. I pulled him close and pressed my lips to his. They were smooth, and his kiss was gentle. Our tongues danced and it was heaven. Immediately Liam came into my mind and I hurriedly pushed Harry away.

"No. Not here, not now. I'm not going to give myself away in a closet at a hospital when someone right now is grieving over a loved one. This is wrong, I don't deserve this. I'm sorry Harry, I can't." I shook my head, ashamed. He seemed to have an apologetic look but the lighting was so dim I couldn't tell. I pushed open the closet door and suddenly regretted it. Louis was standing right up against the wall, conversing with Niall when he spotted me. I gulped, and fell weakly on my knees. I couldn't believe myself. This was sick. But worst of all, Harry and me were dead.