Chapter 5

Things are a little heated and strange in this chapter, but hopefully you like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Stay

I rose up in my bed, panting like crazy. I was breathless, sweating and shaking violently. I felt like a thousand pounds were thrown onto my shoulder and I couldn't hold my own weight. I fell back down onto the bed, tears flowing from my eyes and loud cries pushing out of my lungs. It was like an exact repeat of the other night but worse. That nightmare played back in my head but worse. I shut my eyes trying to calm myself. Once I caught my breath and was able to function properly, I headed downstairs. This time, Liam beat me there.

He was calmly on the couch, drinking a glass of water.

“Can't sleep? Again?” I questioned, walking towards him.

He turned his head, facing towards me and nodded. The light from the fireplace made his skin glow. It wasn't his outstanding features that caught my attention this time, however. It was the tears that stained his cheeks. My heart melted at the sight. Something was troubling him as-well. I silently walked over and sat on the cushion next to him.

“Whats keeping you awake?” I asked, my voice quiet and understanding.

“A nightmare.” He choked out, “Over and over”

It was crazy, how much we seemed to have in common. It almost didn't seem possible. I lightly looked up at him as I heard him sniffling. I could see the tears forming in his eyes. Just then, he collapsed onto my shoulder, sobbing. My heart shattered, seeing him so upset. I ran my fingers in his hair but stayed silent. Silence was sometimes better in situations like this. I couldn't even think about crying about my problems now. I would have to keep strong for Liam. Right now he needed a strong support system.

After about 10 minutes, Liam quieted and lifted his head He faced me and whispered an apology I hardly heard. I wiped the remaining tears off his face with my thumb and embraced him in a tight hug.

“Don't apologize, Liam. You haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes we want to be so strong all the time but nobody expects that of you. Nobody expects you not to get hurt.” I whispered into his ear.

Slowly he pulled away from the hug and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me onto his lap. I lay my hands on his chest, my fingers playing with the v-neck on his shirt. Our foreheads met and we stared into eachothers eyes. Slowly but surely, our lips touched. He pulled on me more, pushing me against him as close as I could get. My arms wrapped around his neck. Our tongues danced around each other. My hands moved back to his hair, my fingers running through. His lips tasted like heaven and this all felt so perfect. Liam removed his hands from my hips long enough to remove his shirt. I could feel the sweat from his chest seeping in-through my shirt. Liam slowly stood and hoisted me up onto his waist, never parting his lips from mine. I wrapped my legs around him as he held onto my thighs, carrying me up the stairs. We went into his room and he pressed me against the wall. His hands traveled up and down my sides. Liam pushed his hips into mine and I gasped at the sudden movement. We stayed like this for quite a while longer when he twirled around and gently lay me on the bed. I held onto him tightly, embracing the sweet smell of his cologne. He began to unbutton his jeans when he suddenly froze. He pulled away from me and untangled his body from mine. He was leaning over me, his muscular arms holding himself up. Sweat covered his body, only making him appear to shine. He was panting heavily, his eyes looking into mine. He lay his body back ontop of mine, our foreheads touching once more. Our lips almost met once more when he rolled off me.

“Leave. Please. I'm sorry...I just.....just...go..” He whispered huskily.

I stood up, and began walking out the door when he spoke once more. This time his tone was pleading. “Wait. Kristina...”

I turned around and looked into his eyes.

“Come back. Don't go. Stay.” He begged.