Chapter 17

Today we got to bring Liam home, and I honestly couldn't be more delighted. I've been worried sick, and missed his presence for the past twenty-four hours. Something about him just warms your heart. You get attached, and you hate to see him go. Earlier this morning I had went to the local Wal-Mart and bought him a Toy Story themed 'Get Well!' card. I figured it fit Liam pretty well and he would enjoy it. Also for laughs and to annoy him, I purchased a One Direction notebook and t-shirt. I knew it weirded him out, seeing his face everywhere but I also knew this would make him smile. Anything to see that smile. The smile I was beginning to know and love all to well.

Niall and Zayn had just left to pick him up and I was tidying his room. I wanted it to be nice and comfortable for when he returned. A calm and clean environment will help keep him relaxed. Currently I was putting his clean clothes in the proper drawers when out of the blue I had heard a knock on the doorframe. My head whipped back to find Harry.

"Hey." I smiled, standing up to greet him.

"Hey." He sighed, curls falling in his face.

"Everything okay?"

"Not quite."

"What's up, curls?" I question, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yesterday. I'm so sorry, and I need you to understand I wasn't trying to do anything with you in that closet. I just..." He trailed off, running fingers through his hair.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up over this. I'm not mad, Louis isn't mad, and I kissed you."

"Oh, yeah." He blushed, scratching his neck.

"Now, are you just going to stand there or will you help me? I've got some work to do."

With that, we both sat down and began sorting laundry once more. It wasn't a mistake, everything with Harry. It wasn't exactly a good thing, either. My feelings for Harry were mixed, really. I think it wasn't meant to be. Just him to be my best friend is all its suppose to be.

Minutes passed, maybe a couple hours before we finished Liam's room. Just in time, too. Right as we shut the door, the front door opened. Liam was first to walk in. My heart raced. The sun from outdoors shone on his skin perfectly. He appeared to be glowing, like in a dream. He looked GOOD. What I wanted to do was run over, pounce on him and kiss him. Wouldn't that be innapropriate? I stopped myself anyway.

"Welcome back Liam!" I greeted, embracing him in a light hug.

"Thanks, Krissy." He smiled.

"I cleaned your room and put away your laundry for you. Feel free to go relax."

A smirk appeared on his perfect lips and his eyes sparkled. "I think I'll do just that. Thank you, sweets." He quickly pressed his lips to my cheek then darted up the steps.

Louis looked completely calm, which was a first. He wasn't even mad when we were cuddling in the hospital. That had been a bit strange, he only seemed mad about Harry and I. Maybe he figured we were mature, I knew all there was to know and that appropriate decisions would be made.

"How about we watch a movie?" Zayn asked, breaking the silence that had overcome us all.

"Sounds like a plan." Niall stated as we all nodded our heads in agreement.

Almost instantly, Harry popped in a film called 'The Shining'. It was a horror film which I absolutely hated, but I would have to manage. I'd never seen this flick before, which somewhat made it worse. I hated not knowing what was next.

I snuggled into my brothers arms as things got more and more intense. The little boys father was slowly losing himself, growing insane. To be honest, the child was too.