Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Savior

I stood in front of my former best friend and my worst enemy. How could she do this?
How could she stoop so low? I mean, Skye, out of all people. All though there isn't really a lot of people who could stab me in the back, since I didn't have many close friends. I looked over at her, who was wearing more makeup then clothes. It was absolutely disgusting. To top it all off, I knew she was going to embarrass me in front of Liam. That's just great.

"Jealous?" Sydney questioned obviously talking about Skye.

"That you turned my friend into a hooker?" I retorted, "Not really."

"Your only friend," She corrected.

"Umm excuse me," Harry interrupted, "I'm her friend."

He smiled cheekily and grabbed my hand. Where was Louis when you need him?

“I am too, for that matter.” Liam protected, grabbing my other hand. What was going on? Why would Liam want to protect me. And dare call himself my friend after he hurt me so bad. This was so strange. Nobody ever stood up for me before. And I certainly didn't expect Liam to. It could only mean one thing. He really did care.

“And how are these two hotties your friends?” Sydney snorted, winking at them. Harry and Liam looked like they were about to barf.

“They're in her brothers band.” Skye pointed out.

“Oh, so basically they are forced to be around you.” Sydney laughed.

Harry spoke, “I'm here because I want to be. Not because I was forced.”

Liam began after him, “We don't hang out with girls who pick on ones who are a thousand times prettier than they are. Sorry.”

Memories came back to that day in the park and I was genuinely frightened now. Harry and Liam wrapped me in their arms comforting me. My lips met Liam's ear as I whispered “Lets go. Please.”

He nodded his head and carried me to the car. Harry headed off to tell the boys we would be in the car.

Liam scooted into the back seat, cradling me in his arms.

“Now may not be the best time, but we need to talk.” He whispered.

“I know.” I sighed.

“I look into your eyes...and...I see everything. You've been hurt by so many people and now I realize that I've been added to that list. I know what I did was wrong. And..something was there. In that kiss. I just can't piece it together. But right now, seeing the situation you are in, you need a friend. But more than that. You need a savior.”

My heart had melted, my body going weak. His words were genuine and so strong. His voice was deep and his accent soothed me.

“And--” I began to say, but was hushed by Liam. Before I knew it, I was drifting to sleep in his arms.