Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It was only just a dream

I awoke from my sleep, my forehead sweating terribly. I glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand, it was 4:00AM. I had a nightmare, more like flashbacks of my bullies from my old school. I stood up and walked to the mirror, wiping my forehead. I was wearing the same sweatshirt from earlier but exchanged my denim shorts with red booty shorts. They were much more comfortable. I slowly opened my door and crept down the stairs, pouring myself a glass of juice. I was just headed out the door when I bumped into someone, toppling them over, me awkwardly sitting on top. My eyes adjusted and I recognized the puppy-faced Liam Payne. My eyes widened as I noticed the red juice on his white shirt. I sat there shocked, not knowing what to do. He didn't make things better by just laying there. Great first impression.

“Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!” I scream-whispered, trying not to wake anyone up.

He laughed and said, “It's okay, its not like you meant to do it.”

“I'm really clumsy...”

“It's dark, so it isn't like you could see anything. Don't apologize.” He insisted.

“Okay, but at least let me wash that shirt for you....” I mumbled.

“I'll take that offer.” He chuckled.

Suddenly the lights turned on, blinding my view. I turned around and saw Louis. He looked...mad. I couldn't piece it together but finally came to the realization. Me on top of Liam. Yeah, not looking so good. I scrambled off him, blushing wildly. I stood up and then helped Liam up.

Louis burst with anger, “I wake up to a bunch of noise downstairs, and I come to find my sister ontop of YOU!” Liam looked terrified. “Explain yourself, pretty boy.”

He gulped nervously saying, “She tripped on me in the dark with fruit punch.”

Louis squinted his eyes examining the red blob, then looked at me. “Is this true?”

I nodded frantically and stated, “Absolutely, I'm not that type of girl, Lou. You know that.”

He sighed, “Yeah..I know. I haven't seen you in a while so I guess I'm being a bit protective.”

We all sort of laughed and I looked over at Liam. He was absolutely was adorable.

“Alright, well I'm going back to bed. Krissy, you should probably was that shirt for Liam over here. Night guys!” He piped, darting up the steps, turning the light out once more.

“Is he always like that?” Liam asked.

“Like what? Crazy and carefree?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah, he was. He has always been the popular one who didn't give two hoots about what anyone said about him.”

I wandered over to the couch and sat down in-front of the ongoing flame in the fireplace.

“So which one are you?” Liam asked again, coming closer.

“What do you mean?”

“Louis is the crazy, funny, outrageous one. What are you?”

“I can be crazy too, but I'm more of the sarcastic, mature, responsible one.”

“So kind of like me?”

“Well..I wouldn't know.”

Liam sat on the cushion next to me and stared at the fire.

“Brings back memories, huh?”

“What?”

“You've lived in his shadows, everyone expecting you to be just like him, But your not, your something different. Thought you weren't good enough. Right?”

How could he know all this? His eyes connected to mine as I whispered shakily, “A little too personal..” My heart beat fast.

“Sorry...I just..I know how it feels.” He confessed.

“No.” I protested,

He nodded truthfully, trying to assure me. It couldn't be true. Someone as famous, fit and beautiful as him couldn't have understood. I looked back into his eyes though, and saw pain. He wasn't lying.

I sighed and agreed, “I know that feeling too. I always feel like I'm not good enough.”

I looked down in my lap.

Must've been that punch. Am I crazy? Confessing myself to a total stranger? Someone I've only known for a couple hours. It took me forever to tell my closest friend, Skyler the truth.

He pulled my chin up with to fingers and gently spoke, “Don't listen to their crap. You're beautiful.”

My heart melted as he instructed, “Stay strong. It took me years to get over their words, but you just have to believe in yourself.”

“Thanks” I smiled.

“Anytime.” He said, “If you need any help, Therapist Payne is here!”

I rolled my eyes at his silliness.

“I best be going to sleep after that long flight. I could use it.”

“Sleep well, Liam.”

“You too.” He winked.