Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 13

I opened my eyes to a dark sky. It seemed that I couldn't decide when the trip was going to be easy as taking a step or like jumping off a cliff. I was in another forest, but this one wasn't as dense. I was instantly guilty that I'd left. Despite everything, I really had wanted to see Sean and stay there, talk with them all longer. But Ash was right, I had to find out why I could do this. I had to find my real parents, go back to my present time, do anything necessary. I needed answers.

I was about to concentrate on my present, on the Sparrow territory, but a splash stopped me. I thought about ignoring it, but when I heard laughing my curiosity got to me. I crept through the forest towards the noise until I was at the edge of the trees and close enough to see what was going on.

I saw... Silver. I froze in shock. She was wearing a white dress as she laid on the edge of a lake with a man in some sort of olden time clothes. He was gorgeous... and she looked so happy. They just lay there, holding hands, not speaking, just looking up at the star filled sky. It seemed that they were so wrapped up in each other's presence that they didn't need to pass the time with conversation. I was about to just go back into the forest and go to the present when the man sat up.

"What is it?" Silver asked.

He pointed to their boat, which was drifting across the lake. Silver looked down at her now dry dress and burst out laughing with the man. I couldn't help but smile. They were so sweet together, just everything about them seemed right. Silver seemed different too, than when I knew her... she seemed younger in a way. Not physically, physically she was exactly the same. It was the way she laughed, and stood and even her eyes, she was more free, somehow les... haunted. I wondered if something terrible happened to her in between now and when I knew her.

"I will retrieve it," the man was still laughing when he stood up.

"No Kye," Silver grinned. "I will do it, you should return to your party."

"Must I return?" he sighed playfully, pulling her against him.

"Yes your Lordship, you must," she grinned, kissing him.

"Very well," he kissed her again and let her go. "Promise me we will meet soon."

"Very soon," she promised.

"Goodbye Silver," he kissed her forehead. "I love you." T

"I love you too," she said, then watched as he retrieved the horse tied to a tree not far away and rode off, glancing back twice at her as she waved.

I watched in wonder as two gorgeous white wings burst from her back. A dull ache started in my back and I fought to not itch at it. Silver grabbed the front of the boat and pulled it along, staying in the air the whole time, to the shore. She then pulled it behind some trees across from me and shot straight up, disappearing in the clouds. I stared at the sky for a long moment, wondering how amazing it must be to be able to fly like that.

Then I snapped out of that train of thought and back to the matter at hand. I had to go back... to the territory. I was going to miss Ash, Sean and Patch enormously... but I had to do this. I had to get answers. That meant I had to start with my parents. If I turned up to my foster mother like this she'd most likely have a heart attack, so I was going to have to do it the old fashion way... through birth records.

Considering I had no money and nowhere else to stay, I was going to have to go back to the territory. So I sat under a tree and for the first time in my life, prayed. I prayed for Silver and that she would stay happy with that man, I prayed for Ash and Patch, Sean and Mary; their lives. Then I prayed that I would find what I was looking for, and that I'd get to the time period that I wanted. It was going to be hard enough to explain how I disappeared without turning up fifteen years in their future looking exactly the same.

After a few minutes of sitting there I finally gathered the courage to give it a go. I stood up and concentrated on the manor house as I first knew it, thought about Mak and all the Sparrows I lived with in that crappy run down version of the pack's beautiful home. It was going to be painful seeing it so far from it's prime.

The air in front of me shimmered and I took a step forward, steeling myself for the worst at the same time praying for the best. I was pitched forward and landed flat on something flat and warm. Judging by the 'oomph' and swearing it was a male person. Without warning I was flipped onto my back and pinned. I strained my eyes in the darkness, trying to see who it was.

"Who are you?" he growled. At least that told me who it was.

"It's me Mak," I sighed. "Rose."

I sighed in annoyance, then calmly shot my knee up where the sun don't shine, then jumped up as he rolled over in agony. Then I walked up to the light switch and flicked it, flooding the room with cheap light. Mak looked up at me in shock from where he lay clutching what was left of his manhood.

"Rose?" he croaked.

"Yeah mate," I smiled a little. "I'm back."

"You've been gone three months," he forced himself up, wincing. "The hell happened?"

"Not sure," I lied quickly. "But I'm sure I have a room around here...."

"You can stay in here," Mak told me calmly. "And start off with how the hell you disappeared on Rafe like that, he made it sound like you vanished into thin air."

"I dunno," I lied again, thinking fast. "All I know is that I woke up outside the train station in Hastings with a hell of a headache and no clue who I was."

"You lost your memory?" he asked, distrust clear in his voice.

"Yup," I said cheerfully. "I still don't remember much. I had two things in my mind and that was you're image and the knowledge that my sparrow tat was somehow very important. I wandered for a bloody long time, begging and getting meals off eager blokes. It was about five days ago that someone saw the tat, told me to get the hell out of their territory and gave me a ticket for the town. If I had a clue what they were on about he probably would have killed me. Anyways, so I come up here and somehow I know my way here. I climbed up the wood rot outside your window, I really haven't the foggiest why, just that you're important Mak."

"So you don't remember much outside your name, my name and that you're a sparrow?" he asked.

"I remember a few other people," I tried to act like I was concentrating. "I remember Lina, Rafe and Lorcan. There's also something fuzzy about a rival territory near here and some guys called TJ and Cam."

"So you don't remember our relationship?" he asked, a little eager. I didn't like where this was going, but fought to keep a straight face as I played along.

"Nope," I shrugged. "But I figure you're important cuz I've had your face in my head all this time."

"That's cuz you're my steady," he slowly walked up to me.

"Really?" I forced a smile.

"That's right," he put his arms around me and I fought to not cringe. "I saved you when you were little, we've been going steady for about a year now."

You wish you arse...

"I see," I kept the forced smile and even managed to lean into him a little.

"I have a few other girls at times," he shrugged like it was nothing. "But you're the one I care about."

"Other girls?" I raised an eyebrow.

"They never bothered you before," he murmured, leaning in to my neck. I stared in disgust at the ceiling, glad he couldn't see my face.

"Okay," I took a deep breath. "I trust you."

"Good," he grinned against my skin, then leant back to kiss me.

I came phenomenally close to gagging when he kissed me... but I managed to struggle through it. I was proud of my acting skills. This was the best way I'd come up with to make an excuse for my disappearance. If I could keep up with this lie it might even make things easier for me. If Mak trusted that I wouldn't make a run for it I could show interest in wanting to know where I came from and it would seem natural for me to want to know. The only problem was putting up with Mak like this for however long it took to find out what I needed to.