Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 18

He just would not get off. I spent the better part of an hour telling him that there was never going to be anything serious between us and he kept his promise by sitting on me relentlessly. I had long lost all feeling in my legs and I was truly exhausted. The second problem besides the sitting on me issue was that whenever I tried to close my eyes and fall asleep, he kissed me.

"Let's just call it a morning," I sighed for the millionth time. "Let me go to sleep."

"No."

"Look mate, I've made it perfectly clear that we are not going to work. You can't sit on me forever."

"No, but I can call the entire territory in here to watch me sit on you, kiss you repeatedly and maybe even make you moan like you did downstairs. Would that make you a little more cooperative, love?" he smirked down at me.

"Bastard."

"Since the way I was born."

So we continued to glare at each other for another hour. By this point I was ready to kill him. I wanted to sleep so bad I could cry.

"Just tell me that you will try," he ran a hand through his hair, obviously just as tired and frustrated as me. "Promise me that, at least."

"You are so irritating," I lost my temper and threw my weight to the side.

He obviously had not been expecting and resistance considering I'd lain there like a limp noodle for the past two hours... so he was thrown off. We were both so surprised that I'd manage to get him off that neither of us moved for a moment. I was the first one to recover and I flipped, darting for the side of the bed. Unfortunately he was right behind me.

Mak grabbed my ankle as I got to the edge of the bed and he pulled me back. I kicked out with the other leg and connected with something, forcing an 'oomph' out of him. He let go of my ankle and I pulled myself off the bed. I landed in an elegant sprawl on the floor and had no time to untangle my limbs before he jumped off the bed and stood looming over me.

I tried to crawl away, but he shot his arms out, catching my waist and hauling me up. I threw an elbow out and dashed for the door. He caught me with my hand on the handle. I wasn't even thinking anymore, I just wanted to get away from him.

I wanted to get away, needed to get away. No... the feeling...the feeling I got before a time jump consumed me. Mak had his arms around me tight enough to bruise and I just could not force away the need to get away. I just prayed that the time jump was only a one person thing...

The floor fell away. Mak's arms however, stayed right where they were. We free fell for a moment until the ground rushed up out of nowhere and we landed with a heavy thud. Mak took most of the impact, but the jar of it had me flying away from him and into a soft patch of grass.

It was the middle of the night wherever we were, so I couldn't see a thing. The moon wasn't bright enough to allow me to see my hand in front of me. I felt grass though and didn't hear any sign of anything manmade nearby. We were probably in the middle of nowhere.

"Rose?" Mak demanded. I heard him stand up and I stayed completely still and silent. "Rose I know you're there. I can sense you so don't try pretending you're not."

On the off chance that he was lying and he couldn't really sense me, I still stayed silent.

"Fine," he sighed.

I heard him walk straight for me and I just couldn't play dead anymore. I jumped to my feet and just started running. I didn't want to be near him right now, I needed to be away. But the feeling I needed to jump just wasn't coming. Damn inconvenient power.

He was right on my heels. I heard the grass moving behind me and his breath practically in my ear. I was the fastest in the sparrows which was why I was always the one who snuck onto raven's territory. Even Mak was no match for me... until I did the classic trip I saw in movies when I lived with my foster mother. I fell flat on my face, but then I proved that real life is not like the movies because Mak didn't stop and scoop me up like a movie villain, he tripped over me.

Now we were both on the ground, in the dark, scrambling like mental people. He grabbed my leg and tried to flip me on my back, but I threw an arm out that hit him square on the jaw. He swore colorfully and threw his arm own arm out. His fist bashed into my skull, throwing all the fight out of me. I went limp, practically seeing little birds flying round my head.

"Damn-" he snapped, still breathing heavily from the run. "Rose are you awake?"

"Nmmhmm..." I mumbled, my ears were ringing and forget any hope of making coherent sentences.

"Good."

He stood up, picking me up over his shoulder.

"Wre ee oing?"

"There are some trees not too far away, we're going to sit down until morning."

"How oo cee..."

"I've got wolf blood remember," he laughed at my current language skills. "I can see better than you."

"Then oo cnd sns ee."

"No, I could sense you, how else would I have known you were in the tree earlier? It just happened that I could see your outline this time."

"Crew oo..."

"Love you too, love."

I was silently cursing after that, wanting to tell him how pissed off and uncomfortable I was just lying there thrown over his shoulder. However it wasn't until he dropped me unceremoniously on my arse by some tree that I was able to move.

"Ow."

"Sorry."

"Like hell you are."

"Fine," he dropped into a sitting position beside me. "I'm not sorry. Then again I've got good reason not to be hugely happy with you Rose. Who was it that just time jumped who to God knows where?" Only he didn't sound mad... he sounded terribly pleased with himself. I didn't like it.

"Who was clinging to who so tight that they ended up following... who through time and space..." Ok that didn't sound as dramatic as his statement. It didn't help that he started laughing.

"That got away from you a little..." I saw his Cheshire cat smile in the minimal moonlight.

"Just a bit," I pouted.

"So," he shook his head and got a little more serious. "Have you got any idea where we are?"

"Nope," I sighed. "But I haven't gone out of England yet, so we can hope we're still on the Island."

"Yeah, we can hope..." he sighed.

"What are the sparrows going to do until we get back?" I asked quietly. I didn't really like the idea of the territory falling into chaos just because I accidentally made off with the prick of a leader.

"I gave told Rafe that if I ever went missing, he was in charge."

"No one will accept that without proof-"

"I wrote a letter for verification," he cut me off.

"My my, aren't you prepared," I muttered.

"I expected something like this may happen, I had to be prepared," he shrugged.

"No comment," I yawned. Now that the shock of Mak coming into the past with me had worn off, I was tired again.

"Come on," he swung an arm around my shoulders. "Go to sleep Rose."

"Like hell."

"Shut it love," he pulled me down against his shoulder.

"I'm not your love."

"Not yet," he smiled as I yawned again.

"Not ever," my eyes slipped closed. I wanted to be really pissed off with him... but I was just too tired.

"Whatever you say love."

I fell asleep before I could think of a retort.