Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 11

"Thank you for coming," Ash said for what felt like the millionth time.

"I told you, I want to be there for you," I smiled.

"Thanks," she grinned.

"You say thanks once more and I'll jump out of the car, I swear I will," I warned.

"Alright," she nodded with a grin and rested her head on Patch's shoulder.

I smiled and looked out of the window. Mitchell was driving the old van (which I was very surprised to find out they even owned) to the hospital, it was time for Ash's checkup. There was Ash, Patch, Sean, Mitchell, two wolves called Ryan and Tara, and me. Apparently Ryan worked at that hospital so we were just taking him up there and Tara helped keep everyone under control if they were to get bad news.

I had no idea when I woke up this morning and ended up being the tug-of-war rope that Ash had a doctor's appointment today. It was only at breakfast that Ash had asked me if I wanted to go. Of course I'd wanted to go, to be there for her as I said, but I was also scared. What if it was bad news? I couldn't stand the thought of her getting more bad news...

The drive was mostly silent and at the hospital no one talked. The tension was so thick I probably could have cut it with a fingernail.  Ash was called up by a nurse for testing and the rest of us were shoved into a room to wait for her. Still no one spoke.

A good half hour passed in agonizing silence before the door opened and Ash came in laughing with a pre-historic doctor who's bushy white mustache looked ready for birds to nest in.

"Have a seat Ashley," he smiled at her.

"Okay," she walked over and sat in Patch's lap. His arms went around her instantly, like the loss of contact had been physically painful to him. Maybe it had, I've never been in love, so I don't know.

"Well?" Sean demanded as the old man sat down.

"Well I have good news," the doctor smiled around the room.

"Good news?" Mitchell repeated like he hadn't heard right.

"That's right," the doctor beamed. "I can't explain it, but Ash really has improved. Her vitals are much less stressed, her thought process is more constant from one idea to the next. I can officially tell you that she is out of the red zone. Her chance of recovery has greatly increased over 50%."

No one said anything for a long moment.

"She's out of the red zone?" Patch whispered.

"Yes," the doctor nodded. "Whatever the new thing in her life is, keep it up."

"I'm gonna be okay," Ash looked down at Patch, tears in her eyes. "I'm gonna be okay."

Then all hell broke loose. Patch and Sean ended up hugging Ash so hard I thought she'd end up a puddle and Mitch was hugging all three of them three times as hard. I felt tears well in my eyes, she was going to be okay. Ash was really going to be okay...

"Rose," Sean looked up out of the fray at me.

"Yeah?" I grinned.

"Thank you," a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Huh?" I wiped my own tear away.

"Thank you," he repeated and went back to hugging his sister.

"Well I'll let you all rejoice," the doctor laughed and stood up. "Just don't kill the recovering patient. I'll be wanting you back in two weeks to make sure that this upward trend is continuing."

"Well," Ash laughed when she could breathe again. "I guess I have a guardian angel too." She looked at me.

"Guess so," I grinned. "Ash I'm so happy for you."