Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 15

"Rose!" Lina jumped me the second I came down the stairs. "When the bloody hell did you get home?!"

"Uh-" I caught myself before I admitted to knowing her. I'd always liked Lina, but I didn't like her enough to give up my plan for finding the info I needed.

"Rose, what is it?" she let me go and stepped back, looking worried.

"I'm afraid that Rose has lost her memory," Mak came down the stairs behind me, still buttoning his shirt. I mentally cringed at how this must look to everyone else. I'd come out of his room and now he was just putting on a shirt... oh well. It would be worth it.

"What?!" Lina grabbed my shoulders and stared into my eyes. I tried to make my stare as uncomprehending as possible. I couldn't let on that I knew her.

"I'm sorry..." I pushed her away and backed up to stand closer to Mak. "I don't know you."

"Yes you do," she took another step forwards.

I never thought that Lina cared all that much about me. No one cared that much about each other in this place... but the look on her face when I said I didn't know her, she looked really hurt. I guess she did care about me. It hurt me that I had to pretend not to know her, and it was nice to know she cared... but it didn't matter enough that I'd blow my cover.

"Rose doesn't know anyone but me right now," Mak threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Well that proves it," Lorcan walked up from a gathering crowd of Sparrows. "There's no way she remembers everything if she's by Mak like that."

"What do you mean?" I did my best to act like I had no idea what was going on.

"Nothing love," Mak calmly glared Lorcan back into place and started walking, pulling me along with him by the arm around my shoulders. I hated getting dragged around, but put up with it, for now.

"So where are my parents?" I asked casually as Mak lead me into his office. It was a large room on the ground floor... it had been the dining room in Ash and Sean's time.

"I don't know," he said, sitting down on the couch and pulling me down next to him. "I found you on the streets over five years ago."

"I never talked about my parents?" I frowned.

"Nope."

Well that much was true, but I had to be careful about hiding what I knew.

"Is there any way to find that stuff out?"

"Why do you want to know?" he watched me carefully.

"Because I don't know who I am," I sighed. "I want to know who I came from. I don't even know my surname."

"Well your full name is Roslyn," he put a hand on the back of my neck and pulled my head closer to his. I struggled to force down my fury. I hated being manhandled however he wanted it.

"That's all you know," I frowned again.

"Don't look so upset," he laughed, then leant forwards and kissed me. My eyes widened in shock, but I didn't jerk away like I wanted to.

If this was going to happen every time I started asking questions then this was not going to work. I'd just rob his private stores, rob the ravens and rent a flat in London. I'd have to get the tattoo off first... so I'd have to go into the past for that. Then I could come back to the present and get the records I wanted and decide what to do from there.

"Do you want me to look into it for you?" he pulled me onto his lap. I blanked.

"What?"

"Do you want me to find out who your parents are?" he asked, looking straight into my eyes. I had to remind myself not to appear shocked, or he'd know I knew what he was really like. I had to appear like I thought he was always sweet to me.

"Would you do that for me?" I slipped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah," he brushed my hair behind my ear. "I can get birth records for you."

"Thank you," I murmured, looking into his eyes. He appeared to be telling the truth. That was easier than expected...

"But you're gonna have to pay me for it," he grinned and flipped me without warning.

I had no chance to react before he'd pinned me to the couch, all I could do was stare up at him, wide eyed with shock. I tried to calm myself down and act coy, but it was damn hard with him pressing down on me like he was.

"Here and now?" I laughed, but I heard the shake in my voice.

"No, tonight," he smirked. "I'll have someone take a note up to London for the records this afternoon, I'll expect payment tonight."

"Then what's with this?" I looked side to side at my wrists, pinned under his hands.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time."

That's all the warning I got before his head dipped to my throat and he nipped. I gasped with shock at the suddenness of it, but also because of the warm feeling that flooded me. I couldn't have... liked that... no. That was impossible. I hated Mak's guts, I could not be attracted to him.

Another gasp tore itself out of my throat as he started kissing his way up my neck, pausing at my jaw, until he got to my lips. My limbs grew heavy, my eyes slipped closed. I had no control over myself, I couldn't move. I just felt so heavy and so... hot. I was burning up.

Finally his mouth was at mine, on mine. Wait- did I just think 'finally'?! No! I have to stop... get him off. I had to stop...

His hands slid off my wrists, one wound in my hair, the other slid into my shirt and wrapped around my waist, skin on skin. Some part of me was horrified when my arms came up, wrapping around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I wanted more, my body was on fire and I wanted more, more heat, more sensation, more of him.

As he pressed closer, the kiss deepened and the arm around my waist tightened bruisingly. The hand in my hair suddenly closed into a fist and jerked my head back. I barely felt the pain because his mouth was back on my throat. My limps felt dead weight, I had no strength. My arms slipped from his neck to my sides and I couldn't suppress a moan. It was too much and not enough. My breaths came out in jagged gasps and my skin felt like an inferno. Wherever his lips touched fire raged, the arm around my waist kept me pinned to him relentlessly. His mouth started trailing lower and I full out groaned.

Then he stopped.

Mak stopped moving, lips on my collar bone, breathing heavily. Like his limbs felt as heavy as mine, he pulled back. The arm slipped off my waist and hand ran through my hair as pulled away. I couldn't muster the strength to open my eyes as he sat back onto my hips. I was still on fire, I didn't want him to stop... but my mind had caught up. I couldn't believe was I was doing... but I my body was too heavy to put up a fight.

I felt his hand on my cheek like a brand against my skin. I was still breathing heavily, eyes closed, lips parted when he stood up and the hand left my face. I still couldn't move when as I heard him walk to the door and leave, closing the door behind me.

Until I could work up enough strength to at open my eyes I was helpless, lying on that couch, body on fire and heavy at the same time, mind scared senseless by what I'd nearly just done.