Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 20

I don't know how long we stood like that. It was a long time, but I had no urge to get away from him, I just let him told me. It was the most peaceful moment we had between us... and he went and ruined it. His hand dipped to my lower back and he squeezed me to him. His other hand wound in my hair and pulled my hair back so he could kiss my jaw.

"Hey!" I tried to pull away, but he kept me against him. I at least pulled my head far enough back to glare at him.

"I can't help it love," he grinned, every drop of his natural arrogance was back. "When you're so close how can I not try anything?"

"My God!" I snapped, shoving at him, though he didn't let me go. "I thought something was really wrong! Let go of me."

"I don't think so," he smirked. "I'm quite comfortable."

"So you're just going to stand here," I raised an eyebrow. Both his arms were now joined behind my back, holding me pressed right up against him.

"I'm planning on it."

"You're impossible!" annoyance flared through me. We had a legitimate moment there, now as he went back to being an arse, it was like it never happened.

"An attribute I pride myself in," he grinned.

"Your arms will get tired eventually," I said, and looked out over the field, pretending I was somewhere else.

"It'll take a long time for that love," he laughed. "I've got wolf blood remember? Makes me big and strong."

I carried on pretending he wasn't there.

"So you're ignoring me now?"

I ignored him.

"Well Rose, two can play at that game," there was a smirk in his voice.

Without warning, his lips brushed the side of my neck. My eyes widened in surprise, but I refused to turn to look at him. I kept acting like none of it was happening. Then he licked me. Right up the side of the neck. I nearly screamed... but clenched my jaw at the last moment and refused to give in. I would not let him see how much he was affecting me.

"Excuse me?" a meek voice came out of nowhere, and I jumped sky high.

"Can we help you?" Mak was saying. I turned my head to look at a girl who was standing near a tree, watching his with huge eyes.

"I- um- my grandmother sent me to find you," she told Mak nervously, staring at his arms which were still around me. "You- uh- left too much money at the bakery."

"What's going on?" I stared at him. "And let go!"

"We're in a little village and it's Queen Victoria's era," he smiled happily down at me. "And I am not planning on letting you go."

"Sir?" the girl called so quietly I barely heard her. "Your money?"

"How can we understand her?" I hissed. "Shouldn't she be speaking in old English or something?"

"I'm guessing part of your power is to translate so we can communicate," he shrugged.

"Right... fine, I'll go with it."

"Should I come back later?" the girl whispered.

"No," Mak let me go. I wasn't expecting it in the slightest, so I fell flat down on my arse and stared up at him.

"Miss are you alright?" the girl rushed forward a few steps, then caught herself and stopped.

"I'm fine," I told her, dragging myself up. It was hard to maneuver in this stupid dress, but I managed to get up without falling back onto my face.

"We're going into town," Mak told the girl. "You can go back, just keep the money."

"But sir-" she frowned.

"I saw the state of your home," Mak turned and faced her seriously. "Keep the money."

"I-" she flushed with embarrassment, then bowed her head. "Thank you sir."

Then she turned and scampered away.

"Do you have to be such an arse?" I demanded, crossing my arms.

"Yes."

"Ugh," I shook my head and tried to shrug off my annoyance. "How did you get money in the first place?"

"I sold my clothes," he shrugged. "People were interested in the fabric."

"Whatever," I sighed.

"Now we're going back into town to sell your clothes and rent a room in the inn," he smiled, picking up my clothes.

"No!" I rushed forward, trying to snatch my clothes. "You are not selling them!"

"Yes I am," he smirked, holding them out of my reach. "We need the money."

"What else am I gonna wear?!" I demanded.

"You don't look half bad in that dress," he grinned.

"Screw you," I turned around and started walking towards the field. I could not put up with him.

"Rose?" he caught up with my almost instantly, holding his bag of food and my clothes. "The town is the other way."

"I don't care," I told him honestly. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Really?" he sounded like he didn't believe a word of that.

"Yes." I grit my teeth, it was irritating how he thought I had no power against him.

"I don't think so love."

That was all the warning I got before he dropped the bag and scoped me up. Before I could so much as blink he had me thrown over his shoulder like a bloody sack of potatoes!

"Hey!" I pounded against his back. "Put me down!"

"Nope."

He bent down and picked up the bag, then started walking in the direction the girl had come from. I kicked at his stomach and pounded against his back, but nothing I did even made his pause. In fact he started jumping up and down every time a threw a profanity at him so after a while I was too sick and dizzy to put up much of a fight.

So that's how we arrived in town. Me over Mak's shoulder, weakly cursing and hitting him, Mak carrying on like nothing was wrong, carrying a bag full of food and my clothes. In modern times that was enough to raise suspicions, in Victorian times God only knew what they thought. Not a great start.