Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 14

I really did not want to get into bed with Mak. I was going to make sure that nothing happened, play innocent. It's not like I was all blushing maid, I'd lost it with Lorcan a few months before I disappeared in the train, but no one knew that. We were good friends, good drunk friends, and one thing lead to another... it had been awkward  as hell when we woke up because we really did not see each other that way, but it had been a good night. Well honestly I didn't remember much... so I couldn't be sure. I was glad that Mak didn't know though. Chances are he'd kick Lorcan out of the Sparrows.  I never knew why Mak was so obsessed with getting with me, but I really didn't care, I was using it to my advantage now.

"Come on," he took my hand and led me towards the bed. I stopped.

"I- uh... don't have any pajamas," I said quickly.

"You're room's still the same," he sighed. "We were about to redistribute all your stuff too, lucky you got here soon enough."

"I guess so," I forced a smile, then dropped it as he turned off the lights.

"Come on love, I'm exhausted and it's the middle of the night."

I took a deep breath then lay down on the bed, trying my best not to cringe when he climbed in and put an arm around me. At least he wasn't trying anything.

"Those  jeans can't be comfortable Rose," he murmured.

"Look," I said bluntly. "I don't want a shag right now, I'm tired and confused."

"I wasn't going to jump you," he sat up. "Just take the jeans off, I'll behave."

I looked at his silhouette for a moment, then decided it was best to act like I trusted him completely. I got up, took the jeans off, then climbed back in bed. I was left in just my pants, bra and blue t-shirt that I'd borrowed from Ash this morning when I tried my disappearing act. It was strange, being in this house now after seeing how it had been... It suddenly occurred to me that I didn't even though their surname. Ashley and Sean what? I wondered if there was anything left in this house with their family name on it. I doubted it.

Mak put an arm around me again and I was so lost in thought that hardly noticed.

"Mak?" I asked, staring at the wall.

"Hmm?"

"How long have the territories been running?" I already knew the answer, but to get to what I wanted to ask without suspicion, I had to go the long way.

"About five years," he yawned.

"They really took over fast," I murmured.

"Yup."

"That guy told me that you set up the Sparrows," I turned so I was facing him.

"Yeah, I did," he looked into my eyes.

"How did you know that this house was out here, in the middle of a random forest near a tiny town?" I'd never really thought about it now, but I suddenly had to know. Especially as I stared at his blonde hair. It was a stretch... he had dark, almost golden skin and green eyes. There was no resemblance but the blonde hair,  but I just had to know.

"It's mine, technically," he yawned again. "It's a family home, though no one's been here since 2037."

I see, I said, going numb. So he was related to them... I could barely process it. Did that make him a- a werewolf? I stared at Mak and he stared back. No, there was no way. He'd never gone off on his own around the territory.  From  what I understood about werewolves they had to run. I took a deep breath, then closed my eyes.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked, making me open my eyes again.

"Just curious," I smiled.  "I want to remember everything I forgot."

"I see," he nodded.

I smiled, then flipped over, snuggling against him with clenched teeth. He couldn't see the clenched teeth of course, so I was  safe there. His arm went around me for the third time and I nearly screamed. I had to keep chanting in my head 'it's worth it, it's worth it'. Mak may be an insufferable prick, but  I had to put up with it until I found out what I needed to know, stole as much money from the Ravens as possible and got out of here.

I closed my eyes and thought about my foster mother, then strangely about Silver. I don't know why, but thinking about talking to her was soothing. I tried to figure out why that was, but in the end I was just too tired and I slipped into a deep, blissful sleep.