Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 17

I stared at him for the longest time. My mind simply would not process what he just said to me. So we just stood there as the sun started to set, Mak pinning me to a tree and me staring up at him with a blank, uncomprehending stare. We must have been quite a sight to behold.

"Rose?" he smirked after a good five minutes. "Are you still alive?"

"Mate?" I said blankly.

"Yes Roslyn, mate. As in wolf soul mate."

"No I'm not," I said once I'd understood the situation. It was impossible, completely impossible. There was just no way...

"Yes you are," he said calmly.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"You can't escape this."

"Yes I can."

"Then try," he laughed wryly. "Right now, try to get away from me."

I stared into his green eyes, knowing that there was no way I could break away from him. I could use my 'jump' ability, but I had no idea where I'd end up, so I couldn't risk it. I still needed those files on myself. Instead of admitting I couldn't actually get away, I looked to the side.

"Thought so love," he laughed. "Now, I am not going to do anything to you tonight so everything can sink in. But you are sleeping in my room."

"You're just saying this so I'll be in your whore fan club." It was the first excuse that popped into my head, but by the look on his face I wished I'd never said it.

"No." That one word was loaded with furry and offense, as if I'd just killed his mother and insulted the corpse... and he shot me with a truly terrifying look. "Rose I am not telling you this to sleep with you. I am telling you this so that you can come to face the fact you belong here, with the Sparrows. With me."

"Mak, I-"

"Mak!" Joey, the Sparrow's OTR (other territory representative) rushed over.

"What?" Mak looked back at him, but didn't let me go.

"I'm sorry that it's a- uh bad time," Joey looked at me for a long moment, before jerking his eyes back to Mak (who did not look happy). "But this can't wait. Cam is at the bridge, he's demanding to speak to you."

"It's almost dark and this wasn't prearranged, tell him to sod off." Mak turned his stare back to me. "I'm busy."

"Mak, this is important, it's about the territory you've been going at for the last month," Joey shifted his weight, obviously unhappy with having to piss Mak off. "Cam says that if you don't turn up now, he'll take back what he's got in mind."

"Fine." Mak released me abruptly and stepped away.

I don't know if it was the shock of what Mak just said or the fact that all my blood had rushed to my feet for being pinned for so long... but I fell to my knees the second he stepped back.

"Rose?" Mak knelt down and scooped me up.

"I don't feel so good..." I murmured. My head was swimming and a definite headache was starting.

"Joey, take Rose up to my room," Mak walked over and dumped me into Joey's arms. "Then come to the bridge in case I need you. Send Rafe and Kenny over on your way up."

"Yes sir," Joey nodded and turned towards the manor.

"Rose are you okay?" he asked quietly as the manor came into view.

"Fine," I murmured, still dazed.

"What happened to you, while you were gone?" Joey looked down at me.