Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 12

We talked about the most irrelevant things, just sat under that tree and talked. I really don't know what it was about Silver, but spending time with her felt like the most natural thing in the world... probably because she was an angel.

It wasn't until Sean came looking for me that I realized we'd been talking for hours. It only felt like minutes. I knew one thing for sure though, I really wanted to try to find how I got here. Hearing her talk about time jumping and all these things in the world that most humans thought were impossible... I wanted to find out how I'd jumped time.

"Thank you for the talk," Silver grinned as Sean and I helped her up. "I'm gonna head off now."

"Okay," I nodded. "You'll have to come round again sometime, yeah?"

"I'm afraid not Rose," she smiled sadly, rubbing her stomach. "I'm moving on now, different time."

"Oh," I blinked in surprise. "Well... thank you then, I guess, it was really nice meeting you."

I barely knew her... but for some reason I really didn't want her to go. It was stupid though, feeling so attached to a girl I hardly knew, even if she was an angel, so I said nothing against it.

"Yes, it was amazing to meet you Rose," she leant forward and hugged me. I felt that strange sensation again as her baby bump pressed against my middle, but I ignored it.

"Do you want us to walk you into town?" Sean asked.

"No thanks," she grinned. "I'm gonna head out this way."

Without warning, the air shimmered to her right... just like it had when I jumped. I gasped in shock. Sean looked at me, but didn't say anything.

"Well, off I go," Silver waved, smiling at me like I was something precious. "Bye."

"Bye," I smiled back, still struggling with myself to keep from stopping her from leaving.

Then she walked through that strange air into wherever it led. My smile faded as she disappeared and I turned back to Sean.

"Lunch's on the table," he smiled. "Hungry?"

"Starving," I grinned.

He laughed and led us back to the house.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ash asked for the millionth time.

"Yes," I nodded. "I really want to know."

"But what if you end up in another place?" she frowned.

"Then I'll come back," I said confidently, reassuring myself more than her.

"What if you can't?" Sean demanded.

"I have to do this," I looked at him. "I love being here, but I have to know how, or I'll just spend the rest of my life wondering."

"Besides," Patch grinned. "If you work this out, think of how convenient it would be, no more public transport fees."

"Yeah," I laughed. "There's that."

"Okay," Ash sighed. "Good luck."

"Thanks," I smiled at her.

"Come straight back if you go anywhere," Sean said.

"I will," I promised.

He nodded. With one last look around I closed my eyes and started concentrating on how I felt the day I came here. I'd been so desperate to get out... to go somewhere else... to be anywhere else. I'd wanted out, to be free, needed it so bad it hurt. Without warning the floor opened up beneath me and I dropped like a stone, hearing them shout my name as I disappeared.