Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 4

"So," I said into the silence. There were sounds of battle coming from everywhere in the house, Ash had calmed down a little, but Patch still held her against him.

"We'll explain later," Sean said tightly.

I had the strangest impression that their eyes were glinting amber. No, I was just imagining things. This was probably a gang headquarters, the ancestors of the territories. Even I didn't believe that, though I was trying hard to.

There was a long silence in the room. I had no idea what to do or say and the three of them were obviously not in the mood to talk. I probably wouldn't be either if I was hearing my friends and family fighting downstairs. Especially against men with guns.

It wasn't until the front door slammed a few times, the noise died down and there was only silence that Ash jerked away from Patch and started pacing. A knock came at the door and the three of them were at that door so fast that I hadn't even blinked yet. Patch yanked the door open and they all looked at the bleeding disheveled man.

"We've drove them out," he said, looking at Sean's shoulder, not his eyes. "But your father was injured."

I couldn't really explain what happened next fully. Ash made a sound and collapsed, she... contorted, writhed and I had to look away in horror; not understanding how everyone else was so calm. Sean looked at me, blinked like he only just realized I was there and without a word, took my arm and lead me into the corridor. We stood there, watching the bloodied men of varying ages from 20-50 scramble around. The manor was more than worse for wear. I realized dully that I was shaking.

"What-" my voice sounded strangled.

"We'll explain later," Seam cut me off.

So we just stood there in silence for God knows how long. When I was on the brink of losing it, a medium sized white wolf with a streak of silver down it's nose trotted out of the room.

"Werewolves?" I stared at the twin's father, Mitchell, in shock and confusion.

He wasn't badly injured, just a gash across his forearm. The wolf sat by his feet like a guard dog. Sean and Patch stood against a wall a foot away from Mitchell's armchair. It seemed like everyone else in the manor was also congregated in the now destroyed living room. No less than 30 men, 4 women and

2 children sat and stood dotted around the room. All had their eyes on me.

"Yes," Mitchell said evenly, holding my eyes. "This is the southern wolf pack. There are Northern and Western Were families of Owls and horses. There's a

Welsh family of sparrows and two Scottish Wolf packs. An Irish horse herd and Bay Cat family. Those are the UK Weres."

"Werewolves?" I repeated blankly.

"You saw Ash change," he looked sternly at the wolf, like it was its fault that I here, a sane person in a house of lunatics. There was no way that the wolf was Ash. It was impossible. Why the wolf wasn't wild was a different matter. Ash was probably just passed out in that room upstairs from a seizure and this was a 'pet' that had been hiding under the bed during the fighting.

The wolf looked at me with its huge amber eyes and nodded once. I gasped and leaned back into my chair. It was looking at me like it understood. It was beyond creepy and I was having a creepy enough day. I watched in horror as the wolf walked easily up to me and jumped into my lap. I stifled a scream as it curled up easily on my lap and sighed happily.

"Ash," Patch sighed. "You're scaring her."

The wolf looked up at him, then craned it's neck back to look at me. I just stared wide eyed at it. It sighed again and jumped off, this time up to Patch where it whined and nuzzled his leg. He half smiled and pushed its nose away.

"Ash would you please go change back," Mitchell said. "You're the one who brought Miss Rose here, you should help the explanations."

The wolf looked at him for a moment, then at me, then ran back up the stairs. It was fast. There was silence in the room as I tried to clear the whirlwind in my mind. These people were insane. The people that attacked them... they had called these people mongrels, but they must be insane too. It was illegal to own and carry guns in England, even until my time. There was just no way this was possible.

A good ten minutes later, ten minutes of headache and grueling silence, Ash came running back down the stairs. She was pale, her hair was a mess and she was wearing a baggy t-shirt with her previous skirt, but other than that she looked fine.

"Sorry for scaring you," she said politely, giving me a little wobbly curtsey.

"Ash," her father called. "I'll let you explain things to Rose upstairs."

"Okay," she walked up to me and beckoned me forwards. I stood up uncertainly. Honestly, I just wanted out of there, but that wasn't happening, so I followed her upstairs to the top floor. I nearly gasped in shock when we walked into my room, but in its prime time.

The walls were sky blue and adorned with so many sketches I could hardly see the blue, even on the ceiling. A huge royal purple bed sat in a corner, much grander than my simple mattress. An armoire and a desk also sat in the room and the fairy lights were tangled all along their tops. It was a lovely room, I wished it had stayed this nice until my time.

Ash sat down on the bed, glancing at her sketchbook on the desk as if she was making sure it was still there. She motioned for me to sit too and not wanting to anger the insane girl, I did as she asked. I was starting to worry about all of this, I mean, really worry.

"You don't have to worry about your safety," Ash said, like she was reading my mind. "We don't kill other sups."

"What?" I looked at her in confusion.

"Other Supernatural's," she laughed. "Don't worry, when I was in my wolf form, I sensed it, you don't have to hide-"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I cut her off, not even listening to the rambles. There was no way they were including me in this madness. "This is insane."

"Oh-" she seemed to realize something, shock registered on her face for a moment before she blinked and smiled happily. "Then I guess it's time to explain this whole werewolf thing. How about you start with how you got here."

This was going to be interesting.