Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 21

Mak refused to put me down until we reached the inn. When my feet finally met the ground, my knees buckled instantly. Mak just looked down at me, smirking. I glared, not getting up.

"Aren't you going to ask for help?" he asked eventually.

"Nope."

"You can't sit there forever."

"Wanna bet?" I stared forward, crossing my arms.

"You're impossible."

"You're a douche."

"How mature."

"Ne ne ne."

"How old are you?"

"Three."

"You-" he sighed. Hehe, I won.

I sat there and waited for him to think of some clever comment. When he said nothing I looked up at him. He was staring to his left, stalk still. If something freaked him out enough to silence him for a good minute then I really didn't want to know what it was. Unfortunately my eyes slid over to follow his stare of their own accord.

My blood ran cold at the sight of the man. He was average height for a man in his early forties. His hair was brown and thick to his ears. He wore plain slacks that fit in with the time period along with boots and a linen shirt. And his eyes... they were black, with a ring of purple around the pupil. There was just something about him, something chilling and eerie that had me wanting to run for my life. But at the same time... I felt the weird urge to go to him, to listen to what he had to say and follow his orders... I hated the feeling, especially as there was also a soul-deep hatred radiating out of me towards him. It was the strangest mix of hatred and reverence.

"Hello Roslyn," he took a few steps forwards. "It's not a name I would have chosen of course, something for along the lines of Kira would have suited you better."

Hatred, fear and submission hit my like a physical blow. I jumped to my feet and hit behind Mak before I even knew what I was doing. I wanted away from this man.

"How do you know me?" I demanded, voice shaky. I was literally shaking in my boots.

"That is quite the story," he laughed, it was a dark sound. "I never would have if your mother hadn't found a way to get into contact with you. Fortunately I was able to use that event to work my way out of our contract."

"What are you talking about?" I looked out further from behind Mak. "How do you know my mother?"

"I told you, that is a long story," he shrugged.

"Who are you?" Mak demanded, snapping out of his trance like state.

"My name is Malrik," the man said, walking further forwards. I cringed back. There was this feeling of evil following that man. "But of course you already knew that."

"Mak," I grabbed his sleeve, unable to stop myself. "Who is he?"

"A demon," Mak replied stiffly. "Rose, stay back."

"No need to say it twice," I muttered, still hiding behind him.

"Now now little half wolf," Malrik laughed, but it was an angry, offended sound. "I am not just a demon, I am a king."

Demon king? Great. I didn't even know there was such a thing, and now he was here, and he knew me. I didn't really want to know how.

"Is there a situation here?" a voice came from my right.

We turned and saw a man standing there, an olden time police man. He had his hand on his hips, back straight, drawing him up to all of his 5"8 height.