Longing him, Stunned her

"Often the people whom we think understand us better, is actually the ones who misunderstand us quicker "
- Random thoughts

The clock struck 7 and Sia stood in front of the mirror looking at her reflection. She had worn a peach-coloured dress, it dropped perfectly at her knees. "Hey gorgeous, all set for dinner", Kaira chirped, "I'm glad you agreed to go". At 8, they heard a knock on the door, he stood there casually dressed in a white shirt and a blue jean. It has been a while seeing him dressed this way, he looked very relieved.

Sia stood opening there the door for a while, he broke the silence between them, "Shall we?". She gave a nod and turned back to see Kaira, who winked her with her thumps up.

Soon they arrived at roof top of a luxurious hotel, it was all calm and composed over there with abundant fresh air. The aroma in the air felt refreshing, under the dark sky with some stars twinkling the ambiance just made her happy. She was surprised by his choice was an understatement.

He seemed to be carefree then his usual self, he even smiled a lot more that was something to be noted. Aryav placed order for dinner to the waiter awaiting. His attention now turned back to Sia, this gave a churn in her stomach and a chill ran down through her spine. She was curious to know the reason behind his sudden change of behaviour. She averted her gaze from him and tried concentrating on the sky, yet she knew he was looking for her without being distracted.

They were interrupted by the food, Sia focused on the food and started to eat. "You seem to be uncomfortable around me", Aryav broke the silence. She looked up and faced him this time, "May be because I haven't seen this part of you initially", she smiled taking a bite.

"This part of me?", he asked quizzically. She brushed it off with a smile. "This place is beautiful", she said taking a glimpse at the shimmering lights on the roof. "May be not more than you", she choked hearing this from him. "I was talking about this part of you", she emphasized, he raised his brow to concentrate, "Being unexpectedly cheesy", she added. He could not help but laugh hearing her say this.

"Do you mind, if I ask you the purpose behind this dinner date", she questioned. "Maybe to show you this hidden me", he replied. She was surprised by the answer. Their little talks continued indeed she admired the totally changed man in front of her. It was not only her, who was feeling things to be different, but he too realized that she is way more comfortable with him than ever. She is smiling, laughing the way he wanted her to be when she is with him.

Soon they left the venue, Aryav drove his SUV, the atmosphere was quite as usual but there was some inexpressible calmness. He did not want this night to end, he wished that the time could stop. He aimlessly drove neither she enquired him, they stopped in his favourite spot. She was amazed looking at the place, they were outside their college gate.

This brought a broad smile in her face, and it made him happy, knowing he was the reason behind that smile. As he often visits their college, he managed to convince the security guard and entered inside. They reached the ground where he spent most of his college days, practicing for his game. She followed him and sat finding a spot.

"This is one of my favourite places", he initiated, "I wanted you to visit too". She smiled, "I have never been here after my final exams", she said. "And I visit this place very often", he replied, "Whether it's happy or sad moments I end up coming here". She saw him, this time especially his eyes, those twinkling and an innocent smile. "Seems like it's very close to your heart", she mentioned. "Yes, it is, it reminds me of someone close to my heart, makes me feel more closer to that her then ever", he replied looking into her eyes. She realized that innocent smile turned into a broken one.