Going back to the past

Sia took a cab and headed back to the office, she grabbed the resignation letter from her drawer, without giving back a second thought she placed it in his cabin and left from there. She reached home teary eyed and she hurriedly packed her bags.

Aaryav, stood there for a while unable to understand what to do, Arjun took him back to the office and Riya was left behind unaware of the incidents happened. As they reached back, Aryav found the letter Sia left on his table, he sat on his chair shocked. "I lost her again", a whispher came out of his mouth.
"You need to mend it this time, you can't give up on her", Arjun responded.
"I can't face her, she would not want to see me hereafter. I have hurt her immensely this time", he trembled. "Aaryav, I never asked you what happened in the past, what made you hate her suddenly when you were head over heels in love with her".

Aaryav sat quite for a while and initiated to talk about his past saying , "It all started from the night of our farewell party, that day changed me and my feelings for her", with a smile he continued,"I was waiting to express my feelings to her, I felt our farewell party was the right time, even though I was nervous yet I was determined to confess my love to her no matter what happens , I rehearsed my proposal a million times."

Arjun looked at him with utter surprise, soon Aaryav realized it, "I know I didn't tell you about that, I just wanted to have my own way of doing it to work". "No wonder your love story was just a mystery to me", Arjun responded, "Did you confess your feelings to her?"

Arjun looked into his eyes but there was just void, "Since our farewell party was organized by our Juniors, I knew she would be there, so I was waiting for her, she didn't show up initially, after making me wait for an eternity she came to the venue wearing a red top and ripped blue jean, looking stunning as always".

"She was standing alone for a while, I thought its the right time, but before I could proceed near her, I heard her name being announced and soon she was on stage to sing, her voice melted the crowd, yet again I fell for her. With each passing time I felt nervous, as she stepped down from the stage Kabir immediately shook her hands to congratulate her. I had no courage to go near her, yet felt envious of him. I stepped ahead but soon Riya dragged me for a dance.By the time I was back from the dance floor she was no where to be found, I stood there distressed, wondering maybe I have lost chance of confessing my feelings for her, but before I could jump in to any conclusions I heard Kabir's friends talking". He took a pause and continued, "I heard his friend's comment ", he didn't utter a word for a few seconds, "What did you hear them say?", Arjun responded, Aryav let out a deep breath and continued,"It seems like Kabir found his prey for the night he went out with the junior girl,who sang on stage, I heard them say this, but it was not all they said". Aryaav remembered the words said by them, one of them said, " I wonder how he wows the girl he sets his eyes on", the other immediately commented, " Bro, because he has got that killer looks and money that could make any girl fall for him", and they burst into laughter. "But hearing this my heart broke yet I composed myself thinking, Sia is not that girl.

My heart was still racing and I became impatient as I couldn't find her in the venue, so I decided to go to the girls hostel to look for her". Aryav kept fidgeting his fingers as he recollected his memories from that day, "As I was proceeding towards the girls hostel I met Riya and she accompanied me as she had to go back to her room, I found this as a good opportunity to enter into the hostel, I noticed Sia's room had its lights on, so I understood she is in there but ...", Aryav paused he was recollecting those dreadful memories from his past that had changed his life and has changed him forever. Suddenly he lost his calm and his anger rose up with a gritted teeth, he left his seat and quickly moved to the door, he didn't wanted to continue after that, but Arjun stopped him saying,"How long will you hold this to you, I want you to speak today, I won't let you go unless finish this", Aryav raged in anger and in fury he yelled, "I saw Kabir coming out of her room in his pants".

The sight from the past came in front of him, even Riya who accompanied him saw Kabir and commented immediately looking at Kabir,"Seems like Kabir and Sia had a steamy night", The words of Kabir's friends and Riya kept ringing in his ears. He banged the door in frustration, "I thought she was different, from that very night everything in my life changed. She wants someone with money, she would have chosen me if I too had money back then, she just turned out to be a bit...", before he could finish saying anything further Arjun slapped him on his face.

Aryav stood shocked unable to process what just happened, "Do you even know what happened on that night?, Did you ever tried to find out the truth? ", "I tried so much to tell you the truth but you never listened to me, it's not her it's you who ruined your own happiness, you earned wealth but you lost your self and your are responsible for that not her", Aryav stood quietly listening to his words. "But I saw them", he said, "Not everything you see is true", Arjun responded immediately. Aryav stood staring at him.