Meeting Him, Helpless Her

Sia went to Mumbai, the city of dreams. She checked into a hotel, and after a few hours she left for the interview. She hailed a cab, and reached the office, it was a huge glass building, at least ten times huge than the previous office she was working. She entered the building and was mesmerized with the infrastructure, she enquired details in the reception, and she was told to wait.

She waited for more than a couple of hours patiently, she taught to herself that the receptionist has forgotten that she is waiting, or maybe the people who called her might have forgotten or they would have hired someone else she is just waiting here in vain, all sort of thoughts just crossed her mind, as she was waiting. While she was still in her thought process, a young lady in her mid- thirties approached her, "Ms. Sia D'cruz?", Immediately Sia replied, "Yes". "Please follow me", she said with a smile and started walking towards the elevator and Sia followed her with a sigh of relief.

She pressed the elevator button, and they entered, Sia was a bit nervous with the ambiance of the place, she just felt being out of place, everyone here looked so elegant and professional. They reached the top floor; this place was completely dropped with silence she felt as if she could even hear her heavy breathing. The woman who guided her just asked her to sit in the waiting area. Sia took a seat and observed the place, every inch of it felt elegant and classic, she felt as if it's screaming luxury. Looking at the place, she just thought to herself the boss would be in his 60's or 70's an old, greyed haired man who has invested his whole life to build such an empire. She looked through the corridor and found no one, there were only two rooms at the opposites.

When Sia was still wandering with her thoughts. She was being called for the interview, she entered the room and a smile crept through her lips looking at the familiar person in front of her. It was none other than Arjun to her surprise. He too reverted back with a smile, and started interviewing her, more than expected Sia could answer to the questions very well. She was offered with the job but with a little twist.

After finishing her interview, Arjun explained her that the position which he chose her is as the secretary to the CEO of the company. Arjun is the COO of the company; he has been working here for quite a long time now. Arjun explained her about the position, Sia felt slightly hesitant to accept her job as a secretary. She thought of declining it, as she was expecting a job in the marketing or financial department, but it was him who assured she can do it, and it's only her who can do it. He asked her to accept the job, at least till the time they could hire a capable secretary, and then they may shift her to another department. She reluctantly accepted the job and  she was immediately handed over with her appointment letter and she was asked to wait to meet her new boss.

Arjun guided her to the room opposite to his, he was being nice to her this made her feel quite comfortable. She had an urge to ask about Aryav's health, his whereabouts, and the reason for leaving without informing her. There were a number of questions which was bothering her, and she wanted to ask him. But now she knew she can't do that as technically he is like a boss to her in a manner. She didn't want to get into any personal talks, even Arjun didn't show any initiative, so she just dropped the thought.

They reached the room and Arjun opened the door and asked permission to enter. Sia too followed him as he motioned her to come in. The supposedly Sia's new boss was standing showing his back, he was busy with some work he didn't bother to turn, he looked quite young than that she imagined. Sia took a good look at the room, it was equipped with things and looked attractive, everywhere it felt as if it's screaming "luxury".

Arjun cleared his throat to gain the boss's attention and said, "She is your new secretary". That's when the boss turned back and looked towards Sia, their eyes met, and she stood there shocked, it felt as if she has been freezed. As it was none other than Aryav himself, his eyes didn't show up any emotions rather it was just cold. Sia not in her wildest dream expected him to be her new boss.

He had no emotions showing up on his face, it was difficult to recognize what he was thinking, but he knew how difficult it was for him to mask his emotions in front of her. He averted his gaze from her, and looked towards Arjun, "I need to talk to you in person", that was the words came out from his mouth after a moment of silence, this made Sia understand that she is being told to go out, without any delay she left the room. She was anticipating what was wrong.

Sia knew Aryav was a popular figure back then in college, he always has a group of girls chasing him, she wondered even if he has noticed anyone, so it would be difficult for him to identity her or to know that she was his junior in college. But he was a charming guy, the heartthrob of the college, his eyes always looked lively but today it looked different there was no liveliness in those eyes they carried no emotions. The Aryav she saw years back and the one in front of her seemed like two different personalities. It somewhere made her a little sad, more than the shock that he was her boss now. Although she was happy that he is fine now.

Once Sia went out Aryav spoke to Arjun with a gritted teeth, " Why have you hired her?". His eyes reflected anger and it was visible that he is not happy with Arjun's decision. "She was perfectly eligible for the job", Arjun explained calmly. "I don't think she can handle, I don't want her to work with me, I can't see her around me", Aryav's voice was still the same. With a stern look Arjun said, "Dude already you have fired at least 50 secretaries in the past 6 months, the last one you fired was there only for a day, let us give her a chance, if she is good then it's fine or else, we will replace her as you say". Aryav just nodded his head as a reply and Arjun let out a sigh, but little did he knew there is something his best friend is hiding from him and there is something more, than he thinks to the situation. 

Letting all his thoughts aside he warned Aryav, "Don't you torture her like you did to others", and he only got a glare as a reply. "By the way, are you sure you don't want her near you", Arjun teased, "Arjun leave before I punch your face", with that Arjun came out of his office and he spoke to Sia, "Just some official work, come I'll show you the office and then guide you to your desk". Sia gave a nod as a reply, and he took her for a tour to the office. It was a huge office, with a lot of staffs there were very few female staffs and most of them were male staffs, the female staffs too looked of their late thirties, she seemed to be quite young in front of them. They all wished her and happily she wished them back and later as told she was guided to her desk.

Sia felt relaxed now and she felt happy too for the new job, but somewhere she felt a little scary of her new boss, as he looks cold without human emotions, anyways she is helpless at the moment and had to face him every now and then.

Read... Vote... Comment...