asylumㅡ fourty four

NOTE: I am not a certified psychiatrist nor am I a psychology student and therefore, my writings are not fully accurate. I am writing this based on what I think are possible to happen and I apologize if this triggers or hurt anyone in any way. Sincerely, moon.

-

  It's the middle of the night- sky is pitch black and starless, winds are haunting and cold and everything is silent.

  Even the swaying trees are mute- rustling of leaves unheard by the ears.

  A girl sits in the living room soundlessly in her tainted, white sleeping gown, a splitting image of a lost soul.

  Another walks down the stairs, feeling parched when she hears an eerie tune of an old, nostalgic song that is interpreted as both sweet yet, disturbing.

  "I know, you belong~ to somebody new~ but tonight, you belong to me~"

  The audio keeps scratching and strangely, it seems to play slower than usual, making it more haunting than it already is.

  "Hello?" Mei Lien calls nervously.

  "Wait down by the stream, how sweet it will seem. Once more just to dream in the moonlight," a voice sings and Lien recognizes.

  "Xing?"

  Her twin on the couch doesn't respond to and just stares straight towards the wall, frozen and blank as a mannequin. But, she continues to sing.

  "My honey, I know. With the dawn~ that you~ will be gone but tonight you belong to me~"

  "Mei Xing!" Lien's voice raises and she nears her sister before gasping at the sight.

  "Tonight~ you belong to me~"

  The record player scratches and it repeats the last two words- screeching in a mangled way.

  "To me- to me- to meㅡ"

  Lien stares speechlessly at her sister whose expression is still unchanging- the massive, crimson patch of blood on the pure white fabric on her abdomen seems to  spread and the long, bloody huge slits on her arm are gory and excruciating just by the sight.

  The older quickly grabs the sharp, shiny blade that gleams under the faint light and tosses it far.

  "Hi, Lien," Xing greets, slowly turning her head to her.

  "We have to get you treated. Come on." Lien helps her sister up to the kitchen where the first aids are put.

  "Why did you do this?" Lien asks, eyes glazing with tears before the salty liquid falls in the form of huge droplets.

  Mei Xing stares mindlessly into the distance as Lien wipes the dripping blood.

  "I had to do it because I didn't want to go home. I had to punish myself because it was bad of me to think like that. But, for some reason, it didn't hurt," Xing replies honestly, voice in a straight tone- not knowing what emotion should be used. "So, I did it again, and again, and again. Then, I suddenly felt lonely and put on some songs."

  The dry answer and lack of expression on her face makes Lien feel an utmost lash of distress, sadness and depression.

  Her hands tremble and her vision is vague- tears never ceasing. "Please, we have to get out of here quick. I can't handle this anymore."

  Xing stares at her, empathy lacking and Lien hugs her. "We have to be safe. Please, we all need to make it out of here. Please."

  Her pleads are in a whisper yet, it drips in desperation.