asylum - twelve

"What should we do today? Uncle Joon is out for work and I'm feeling kind of bored," Zhen sighs out as she sits on the couch with her left leg up, putting on a gangster sitting pose.

  "I don't know, what do you wanna do?" Mei Lien answers while admiring her nude nail polish.

  Mei Xing groans with her head hanging on the edge of the sofa she is sitting upside down on. "Anything but repeat the same things we've said for the past 10 minutes."

  "Then, should we go to the mall?" Mei Lien suggests.

  Mei Zhen sighs. "But, it'll be too packed since that new movie is showing today."

  A ringtone makes them all turn to the phone.

  "Hello?" Zhen picks up her mobile.

  "Hi, Zhen! It's me, Renjun. I was wondering if you guys wanna hang out today," Renjun invites from the other line.

  Zhen sits up. "Hey, Renjun. Yeah, of course. We've been bored for a while now."

  The Chinese male chuckles and Zhen swears it's the sweetest one she's ever heard.

  "That's great, then! We guys can head over to your apartment to go together when you're done," Renjun offers.

  "Sure. We'll just getㅡ Wait a minute, we've never told you our address," Zhen realizes and a sudden chill runs down her spine.

  But, Renjun remains calm- playful even. "Obviously. So, this is the part when you tell me your adress."

  The eerie feeling fades away instantly at his tone and light laugh.

  "We live at Emerald Apartment. My sisters and I will come downstairs to meet you so you can just wait outside since the guards don't allow non-residents in," Zhen informs.

  "Alright, we're gonna hang out with the boys. Get ready and we'll go down to meet them later," the oldest of the three states and they all drag themselves to get ready.

-

  "It's been a while since we've actually gone out with anyone," Jisung says when Renjun hangs up.

  The brothers are lounging around their huge living room, as always.

  "Well, that's because we hate everyone," Renjun says with Midnight on his lap. "Except, for them."

  Midnight purrs as Renjun caresses his head. "But, I noticed their uncle is becoming a big burden."

  "Annoying," Chenle voices out. As always, displaying his hate towards everyone that goes near to the three sisters. Mark nods in agreement.

  "By the way, do Wonryul's friends know that he's already dead?" Jaemin suddenly, brings up.

  Jeno shakes his head. "Not yet. It seems like they'll know when school reopens. Or maybe, soon if they decide to visit him at home."

  "You're cruel," Donghyuck says yet a smirk rest on his face.

  The older one shows an innocent eyesmile. "Thanks."

  "Now, let's go. They should be ready soon," Jaemin voices out and stands up.

- - -

  "Wow, looking good, I see," Xing comments on the brothers' ensemble when she walks out of their apartment building's lobby.

  Donghyuck flips his hair back. "Obviously. You guys are not so bad yourself."

  "I feel a bit insulted by your words," Zhen jokes and puts a hand on her chest, showing hurt.

  Jisung chuckles. "He's joking. You guys look great!"

  "I second that!" Chenle chirps, his eyes twinkling like an excited child's.

  "So, where are we going first?" Lien asks Mark.

  The lad turns and lowers his head down slightly to look at her. "First off, the mall because there's this new movie we want to watch."

  "But, won't it be packed already? The tickets will be all sold out," the girl responds in worry.

  Mark nods. "True so, we booked tickets early as soon as it got out."

  "For all 10 of us?"

  "Yup. We were planning on hanging out with you guys since the beginning if you were available."

  "That's amazing! You would've had to pay to cancel the reservation if we couldn't come though," Mei Lien states.

  Mark shrugs. "Nah, we kinda knew you guys were gonna be jobless at home."

  Lien laughs out loud at his choice of words and some people turn to the loud girl. "Yeah, what else would we be doing then?"

  "So, is your... uncle alone at home?" Donghyuck questions Zhen as they walk side by side.

  Jeno walks beside Hyuck.

  "Nope, he's at work. He said he needed to handle a sudden case or something," Zhen tells while fixing her shirt that's tucked into her denim shorts.

  "Hm," Donghyuck responds and exchanges eye contact with Jeno.

  Meanwhile, Chenle, Xing and Jisung are at the back, messing around with each other and teasing Xing by treating her as an armrest due to her height.

  Which results in her threatening to bite their arms. Does it work? No. Not at all.

  "Aww, look at her! I can just pull you in a suffocating hug right now and make your face turn blue and purple!" Chenle coos and hugs the girl.

  "Okayyyy, that's scary," she says while being given a teddy bear hug by Chenle.

  Jisung smacks his arm.

  "Ow!"

  "Stop tormenting her! She'll run away!" Jisung scolds.

  Xing slips out of Chenle's arms. "What kind of drama is this? I ain't running away. Plus, I can't run. I'm as slow as a starfish."

  "Good to know that you won't be able to outrun us. That way we'll always beat you," Chenle says.

  Mei Xing pretends to be hurt. "Ouch."