asylumㅡ twenty two

Jisung and Chenle head to the lunchroom with their P.E uniform on.

  After all, their next period is P.E.

  When they reach their table, a feeling of surprise hit them. "Oh?"

  "Hi, guys," Mei Lien greets. "We just came back from the hospital. Our uncle is sick."

  She tweaks the story because to say he's immobile is probably, not the best choice.

  "Oh, really? Hope he gets well soon," Chenle bluffs and sits in front of Xing. Jisung sits beside her.

  She stares down at her tray, poking her food and soundless.

  Chenle and Jisung furrow their brows, addled. They both turn to the other two sisters and see them, also looking at the youngest girl.

  Mei Zhen mouths, "Don't worry, she's just feeling a bit down."

  Chenle and Jisung nod. "Hey, Xing!" Lele greets.

  The girl jolts and looks up briefly to nod with a wary, almost unnoticeable smile before focusing on her tray again.

  "Ugh, I wanna buy drinks," Mei Zhen sighs.

  Jisung turns to her. "But, the vending machine's broken."

  The girl nods. "Xing went to buy the drinks earlier but, she told us that the machine's broken."

  "Isn't there another one?" Donghyuck queries.

  Mei Xing turns to him. "I didn't check."

  "Oh, then, should we buy some drinks?" Zhen suggests.

  Renjun nods. "Okay. I'll go with you."

  The two of them head out while the others stay and eat.

  Jeno turns to his left to the quiet Mei Xing. Her food is still untouched. "You don't want to eat?"

  Xing weakly shakes her head. "I don't have the appetite."

  "Come on, you should eat a bit. Say, ah~" Jeno tries to feed her soup.

  She avoids the spoon, shaking her head.

  Jeno flinches, not liking how she's rejecting him. But still, he smiles a kind, innocent eyesmile and tries again. "Come on, Xing. I don't want to see you not eating."

  In a restrained manner, she accepts his spoon feed and his smile brightens.

  "Good," Jeno says and caresses her head gently. No one will even suspect him of being a murderer.

  After Xing gulps down the heavy soup in her mouth, she looks at Jisung and Chenle. "Aren't you guys going to get food?"

  Chenle and Jisung direct their gazes to her at her sudden question and they stand.

  "Oh, right. Of course. You want anything to add?" Chenle asks.

  She shakes her head, her lips sealed again, before she motionlessly watches her rice again.

  The two youngest of the brothers tilt their heads, confused but nevertheless, walks away.

  Mei Xing feels her whole body jounce ever so slightly from her rapidly pumping heart.

  The beats are strong and crazy, almost irrational.

  Her grip on the ends of her skirt tightens as her mind becomes more and more disoriented.

  The paleness of her face becomes more so by the second but, her lips are dark red from her constant biting.

  Four of the brothers that stay, notice this but for some reason, they can't read her eyes like they usually can.

  Because, even she doesn't know what she's feeling and thinking.