five; the heart knows

"Shoot! Shoot it! Oh, man! Now, we lost because of you!" Chenle whines at Jisung and the latter simply gives a shrug.

Xing pats Chenle's back. "It's okay, Lele. We can win next time."

After completing their homework together quickly, they started to just mess around and kill time.

Which has been going on for the past 3 hours and a half.

Chenle, Jisung and Xing start their probably, tenth round of the game, Jeno and Hyuck are playing chess at the round, wooden varnished table in the corner of the huge play room with Renjun and Zhen watching.

Mark is downstairs, taking some snacks from the pantry in their fancy kitchen while Jaemin and Lien are both colouring in the same book while sprawled on the fluffy carpet at the side where adorable, overstuffed beanbags are put along with a small coffee table to complete the look.

Jaemin nods, taking a gold colour pencil before starting to shade the plain, white paper.

As he paints the printed plant, he gives constant glances to the girl beside him, studying her features. From her long lashes down to her pretty, pink lips.

She moves her eyes around, searching.

Suddenly, she whips her head, unexpectedly facing Jaemin whose face is now, only a couple of inches away. Her heartbeat start to accelerate despite her unfazed expression. "Can you pass me the blue one?"

Jaemin simply breaks his strong gaze and turns to take the object before passing it to her with his eyes stuck to the colouring book, keeping himself busy.

The two continue in silence again but, no matter how hard Jaemin tries to occupy himself, his crazily beating heart refuses to calm.

And it makes him wonder, why?

Soon, the oldest of the bunch, including the three newly added members, comes in and puts the basket of snacks on top of the coffee table in front of the couch where the three gamers are sitting.

All of them leap to the snacks, starting to devour them.

The sound of bags of chips being torn along with canned drinks being bust open fill the room as they chew.

"Ah~" Jaemin suddenly, offers to feed Mei Lien a gummy worm.

She blinks, confused before understanding the situation and stretching her mouth open.

Jaemin gently puts the sweet in her mouth and as soon as she bites on it, her face contorts.

"Jaemin! Thith ith thour! You didn't tell me it wath thour!" She complains- a frown on her face from the strong taste.

Jaemin chuckles slyly, finding her reaction adorable and can't hold the urge to pinch her cheeks.

"Wow, I suddenly, feel like a third-wheeler," Xing comments, chewing onto the sour gummy worm nonchalantly.

Jisung turns to her. "Then, what does that makes the rest of us?"

"Wheels too, duh," Hyuck lazily replies.

Mark finishes his small bottle of water in a single shot and gets it snatched away by an excited Chenle.

Mark hisses, pressing onto his teeth through his lips. Chenle took the bottle too aggressively, it hit his teeth.