one; new

"I don't get it. Why do I hear some people saying that they're complete freaks? They look normal. Nice, even!" A student whispers while staring at the group of seven boys sitting at a table a bit further away.

  His friend's gaze also set on the group. "Not sure, Han. But, rumors say that they were actually, mental patients."

Han furrows his brows. "The heck? Does that even make sense?"

Jun shrugs. "Don't know. Oh, shoot! They're looking at us."

Jun and Han instantaneously focus on their meal- oblivious to the fact that Renjun knows every word they uttered.

His lip-reading skill is not just a play thing.

Fools, he scoffs mentally.

"I heard we're getting new students today after lunch," Jaemin speaks, popping a kimbap into his mouth.

Jisung nods. "Three girls, siblings. One in Mark hyung, Jeno hyung and Renjun hyung's class, one in Hyuck hyung and Jaemin hyung's class while one is in Chenle hyung's and mine."

"Ooh, how do you know that Jisung?" Hyuck asks, raising his brows in amusement.

The maknae smirks. "I got bored and breaking into the school system seemed fun."

Chenle rolls his eyes. "Right."

The high-pitched shriek of the school bell pierces their ears and students put away their trays before getting to their class.

-

"Class, meet Shin Mei Xing, your new classmate," the homeroom teacher of Jisung and Chenle's class, introduces the petite, frail girl that stands beside him.

She smiles hesitantly, before looking down on her shoes.

The class coo at the girl, Chenle and Jisung only silent- studying her.

"Alright, Xing, why don't you do introductions by yourself later because I have a meeting to attend to. Your seat is beside Jisung, don't worry, he's a nice kid," the teacher assures before speed-walking whilst staring at his watch.

Xing gulps inconspicuously and searches for a student with a nametag that spells Jisung only to find one.

Eyes follow her as she proceeds to the empty seat beside Jisung.

The latter turns to her. "Hi, my name is Park Jisung. Nice to meet you."

She smiles back. "I'm Shin Mei Xing. Nice to meet you too."

And there the conversation ends before silence between the two takes over.

Jisung briefly keeps his stare on her before turning around to converse with Chenle.

-

"So, you're part-Korean and part-Chinese?" Hyuck asks Lien.

She nods. "Yup. My parents decided to live in Korea now since our grandparents are here."

"Hey, Lien, do you know about this school's stories?" Jaemin suddenly, brings up.

Hyuck smacks Jaemin's head lightly. "She just came here. How can she know?"

Jaemin pouts, still continuing. "This school has many stories. Wanna hear one of them?"