asylumㅡ nineteen

"Uncle is still not back, yet?" Mei Zhen, the latest to wake, asks when she walks into the dining room.

  Lien shakes her head. "I guess not... It's a bit weird, isn't it? He would always, always, text or call if he was going to stay at his office."

  Xing nods. "We tried calling but, no one answered. Maybe, he put his phone in silent."

  "I have to take back the extra class permission slip from him. He must've left it in the room," Lien says before stepping away.

  Zhen joins Xing at the table and is just about to eat when a loud, piercing shriek cuts through their ears.

  "What's wrong? What is it?" Mei Zhen questions, rushing to the frozen Lien with Xing behind her.

  But, both the two sisters have the same reactions when they see their uncle, unconscious on his bedroom floor.

  Chenle looks at his watch and stares at the school gates from the outdoor table they sit at.

  "They're late today, aren't they?" Jaemin brings up.

  Renjun supports his chin with his hand while staring at the gate with puppy eyes. "Maybe, they're not coming."

  Jisung pouts. "Did they find out already?" Jeno turns to Jisung. "Find out what?"

  "Lele hyung poisoned Uncle Joon. So, now he can't move."

  "I just froze him. Nothing too much," Chenle mumbles. "Though, I wanted to do more."

  "You did good and bad at the same time. Xing woke up in the middle of the night to drink water and I had to change it first. Or else, she would've been poisoned as well," Jaemin says.

  Chenle looks at his brother. "As always, we can't hide anything from you, can we?"

  "Good job, Chenle! Now, he's out of the story!" Jeno compliments. "Although, you do have to be more careful. If Jaemin wasn't there, Xing would've been caught in it too."

  Chenle nods nonchalantly before breaking out into a grin. "I will be careful."

  Jisung stares at Chenle. "Chenle hyung is having mood swings today."

  The bell rings and students make their way to their classes.

  "Mei Xing isn't here, today?" Seojun, a classmate of Chenle, Jisung and Xing, asks his friend.

  His friend shakes his head. "No. Didn't see her or her sisters. Why're you looking for her?"

  Seojun sighs. "I was just about to bring her out. She's really cute and tiny and you know how much I like small things."

  "You're freaking weird but yeah, she is cute. Hey, if you and her don't work out, fill me in with all the things about her. Maybe, I can try." 

  Chenle who's been scribbling in his book, scribbles faster as he listens to their conversation.

  Tack!

  The lead of his pencil breaks.

  Jisung stares at Seojun and his friend with his usual, blank and innocent eyes. He then, looks at Chenle who's still scribbling in his notebook with mad eyes and a broken pencil.

  The younger one grins. It's finally happening.