Chapter 3

I woke up early so that I could look perfect. Because Jake has to be impressed. He wants me to be his model!

I comb my hair and it takes like 20 minutes to get it perfect. I put on a simple blue t-shirt, some ripped black jeans that in my opinion don't smell too good but oh well, I wear them like, every day. Then slide on my converse. I stare at the mirror.

"I despise you," I tell my reflection, "You made highschool hell."

I paid for a taxi and got to our meeting spot at a cafe in Manhattan since he wanted to take me to Central Park. I felt my nerves tingling.

Jake came into the cafe we agreed to meet at, 20 minutes late, his hair messy and tangled, a baseball cap on his head, wearing the most dad looking outfit ever, and some sunglasses. He is chewing on his earbuds and he holds a laptop case in one hand and an expensive camera case hung around his neck.

"You need help?" I ask. He jumps and I step in front of him. The softest smile plasters onto his face. "Awe, there you are." He says. I scuff the floor with my converse. He moves away from the door. "You look even better in person."

He gives me a side look, smiling with all his perfect teeth on display. I blush and duck my head. "You were late..." I say nervously.

I blush and he sets his stuff down on the cafe table. "I'm late, I know. I slept in..." He rubs the back of his neck nervously. "It's okay..." I say. He smiles like the cutest thing ever. "Anyway, how are you? I can't believe I'm looking at you in person, and you're not drunk." He gives me a face, his eyebrows furrowed but a cute smile on his face.

"Yeah, I drink... A lot." I say, my face flushing. He and I sit across from each other. "Anyway, how are you doing?" He asks. I smile. "Good," I say.

"Just good? You're college age, you go to parties? I don't know what college kids do, I just remember getting laid a thousand times, so." He shrugs. I blush. I am a virgin, so I wouldn't know. "Uhh, I just study... And I party sometimes. I mostly get drunk all alone while watching FRIENDS." I say, nervously.

He shrugs. "I may look young, but I swear, 29 years old and I can't drink without feeling sick. I do sometimes, but I get drunk fast." He chuckles, a waitress interrupting us. "Would you guys like to order something?"

Jake's eyes light up. "Um, yeah? What do you want, Tommy."

Tommy? Nobody has ever called me that before...

"Uhhh-"

"Get me a drink that has the most caffeine. I'm dying." He says. "Me too," I say. She nods. "Oooh, get me a blueberry scone, pleasies." He smiles. She nods, hiding a laugh. "Alright, and you?" I shake my head nervously. She nods and hustled away.

"What was that? You train wreck." He jokes, poking my side. I cringe and blush. "I'm shy," I say. He smiles. "Not when you're drunk. One of the first words you said was fuck." He jokes. I hold up my hand to silence him, "Actually, you said 'who the fuck is this?' So I asked back." I say in my own defence.

He smiles. "Well, I asked if you wanted to be my model... do you?" He blushes. I nod and blush and he smiles. "So, what are you doing this week. We could set up a time." He and I agree on Thursday.

I'll get to see him again. We talk about what kinds of things we would do if I was his model and then he and I take a taxi out to Central Park. He and I walk side by side, looking at some woman with bread and like, literally a million pigeons. Jake cringed. "Those little bitches scare me." He laughs.

I laugh and he pulls back a bit. "You really are... amazing. I'm glad we met." He says. I look up at him and he chuckles. "I can't wait to work with you on Thursday." He blushes.