Chapter 8

Sorry this is short, but I wanted to post for you guys... 💙💚💛💜

____________

Jake slept in the hallway by my door and when I opened it to go to the store because Will and I are starved, he falls into my apartment with a yelp. "You're still- I mean- Jake? What are you doing here?"

Jake looks tired and hurt. "Tom..." his eyes light up when he sees me though. I feel my heart break. "Are you okay? Will said I should come over-" I glance at Will who was trying to eat his cereal and he shoots Jake a look.

Jake suddenly flumps over onto me. "I'm so sorry.... if I did something wrong, I really am sorry... I just really like you and I'm terrible at relationships." He says. I bite my lip before seriously saying "I thought you were husband material..."

Jake sighs. "I am, but that's it. I'm not boyfriend material." He says, his head still buried in the crook of my neck. I smile and pet his head, running my fingers through his hair. "It's not you, Jake... I panicked." I admit.

I still don't know why Jake even wants to stay with me. I am so terrible! I left him to sleep outside my apartment door. Not like it's gonna be my apartment for much longer...

Jake pulls back. "Why?" His voice cracked. I swooned. "I just don't think I deserve you... you're perfect and great... I can't even pay my own rent. I have nothing to offer you." I say. Jake nuzzles me and we back up until we hit the couch.

We sit next to each other, silently. "You don't need to offer me anything... I just want you. I like you. I could take care of you... I'm not good at being a boyfriend but I think I could try... I want to try so I can be with you." He says, his facial expression soft and pure.

I blush and lean in to him, our lips barely grazing as he pulls my hips close. Our breath mingled for just another second before he kisses me, our mouths clashing together and Will squeaks. "Oh, okay... y'all just... do your thing." He says, shoving more bites of cereal into his mouth.

Jake's hands run down my legs, cupping my ass and I moan against him. "Whatever you don't have to offer, I'd just get it for you. Let me take care of you... I like you." He says, nibbling my skin. I nod. "Okay..." I breathe against him and Will coughs.

"Can y'all wait til I'm done eating? Damn." He glares and Jake chuckles, pressing me into the couch, kissing me softly. "Y'all got hearing problems, huh? I'm outta here. No sex on this couch, go to your room." Will warns me.

I just nod and Will grabs his keys, setting his bowl in the sink. "See yah. I'm going to a doctor to get that image removed from my brain."