Chapter 1

The story of how a sexy guy FaceTimed me at 2 am...

You know, my life was uneventful. I was a college student, age 21, a single, very gay virgin and I had no friends. I also had like 10 dollars and I was literally about to fuck my landlord in exchange for money because I don't have any.

Cringe right? Isn't that how all stories start? A person with nothing and then suddenly they have everything? Because of love? Well, lemme tell ya, that's not at all how my story goes.

It was 2 in the fucking morning when my phone rang and I picked it up. "Hello?" And I sounded like a frog and I had to clear my throat and say it again. "Hello?"

I had just got back from a party, I was drunk as a fucking kite- not how the saying goes but that's how I'm gonna put it- and I was stumbling around in the darkness of my apartment. I slip on some clothes in front of the door but quickly regain balance.

"Who the fuck is this?" I heard the other guy say as if I had called him and interrupted his lovely night. "Umm... who the fuck are you?" I said back. Like a bitch.

"FaceTime me." Then he hung up. Then my phone rang again. Was I supposed to pick up? I'm drunk. I look like shit... I debated for a second but I picked up and I was met by blinding light and for a second I thought I was in heaven. I probably was...

"Were you sleeping?" His face popped up on the screen and suddenly I wasn't even mad. I would've been mad if he wasn't the sexiest man on planet earth. "No." I flip on the light of my apartment and I am met by the sight of my roommate sleeping while Forensic Files plays on the TV, the voice mellow-tone and iconic. I grab the wine bottle I left on the counter and take a swig.

He smiles. He looks like he was on a date- keyword: was. It was 2 am so he looked tired. He looked like he had been terribly let down and he was sipping from a beer bottle all alone at a bar. I wish I could take that little frown right off his perfect face.

He had sapphire blue eyes that were glimmering beautifully, sexy dark brown hair, slicked back and matching dark brown eyebrows and nicely shaved stubble which looked so hot and my gay ass couldn't even help it. I stared. He was definitely a bit older than me. Maybe 28 or 29.

I, on the other hand, looked like I just partied- I did. I was holding a wine bottle in my other hand, I had messy hair, bags under my eyes from no sleep, and I was literally shaking from the adrenaline still pumping in my veins. Gladly I live right next to the bar. So I did no driving.

He suddenly makes a cute little nose scrunch face and smiles. "Are you drunk?" He asks. I kick trash underneath my roommate's foosball table. "Yeah. How did you get my number?" I asked and he shrugged. "The Tinder date that ghosted me is either you or she gave me a different number." He huffs.

"Yeah, I don't have Tinder. But I also don't get asked out on dates so maybe I should get it..."

"Why not? I mean... you look pretty. In a completely straight way haha... but you do. I mean- I'm not gay." He blushes and makes this funny face I would never be able to replicate.

My heart did a couple of flips and then stopped completely and I stared at him. "What?" I said. Like an idiot. "I mean... you look... nice. But I mean like-"

He huffs and blushes. "You have a name?" He asks. "Do you have a name, mister random stranger?" I ask him and he smiled. "I'm Jake." He gives me a wide smile and I don't know if this is a normal thought for someone who is sober but he has cute teeth.

"Nice," I say. He winks at me. "Thanks. I got it on my birthday." He wiggles his eyebrows. I laughed like an idiot since I'm so drunk. "Okay, and you?" He asks. I stop mid-laugh and sigh.

"I'm Tom," I say. He tilts his head and his blushy smile doesn't leave his face. "Pretty name." He says. I felt my face get hot.

"You should follow me on Instagram."

And that's how my love story started.