32. New Years Eve

Something is wrong.
According to Dallas, who had stayed at Hogwarts for the holiday break, something happened at Hogwarts.
Something, he doesn't know what it is, but something was stolen from Hogwarts. I received the letter the day after Christmas and I am just reading my letters now, so I'm a little late on the news. Something was stolen at Hogwarts and the aurors are investigating about it. That's why mum has been working more this past few days. She works at the Ministry of Magic and they are currently working on the Hogwarts business. I asked mum about it and she said it's only Ministry and Hogwarts business so she can't tell me anything.

I just know something was stolen at Hogwarts. Dallas didn't write me anything else, but he included in the letter that he heard Professor Prince talking to someone and he said the name 'Avery', so that's why he thought I should know about it. I shared the news to Seth and his mind just went straight to the magic removal potion he and the boys created. We don't know anything but apparently, it's serious.

So, there's that. I wrote back to Dallas asking to elaborate but he hasn't written back. Mum is out again and it's just Seth and I at home, taking care of Scorpius. We'll stop babysitting him after the 3rd of January, which is when his mother would have her schedule changed. The boys are just having as much fun as they can before they go 'separate ways' as Seth calls it dramatically.

They are playing video games and eating a lot of food, that's their idea of having fun. Seth had to teach Scorpius how video games work and now Scorpius is getting the hang of it and is screaming at the screen because he is losing. What a foul mouth, this boy has.

"Scorpius, it's a boss. It is supposed to be hard and no it's not cheating. You just suck at it." I explained slowly, rolling around the couch as I watch them. "You're also at the wrong position."The boy just glares at me and continues to press random buttons on the controller. Seth is just there laughing, casually defeating the boss and letting Scorpius do whatever he likes. "Today is New Years Eve and I'm here watching you play video games. This sucks. I wish I'd gone to Texas with Nina instead."

Mum said no, we couldn't go to Texas so we stayed here. Colleen was able to go, but Fred and Roxanne couldn't go either because they had gone on family vacations also. "Why don't you call your boyfriend?" Scorpius asks mockingly.

"Who? Armando Flores? He's busy."

Seth snorted. "You wish."

"I know." I pouted, making Scorpius crack a smile.

"I was talking about Teddy." Scorpius adds. "Isn't he like your unofficial boyfriend?"

And Seth laughs again. "Like that's going to happen."

Ha, ha, right.
Oh Seth.

"Hey! We beat him!" Scorpius screams loudly, making me flinch in surprise. "Look! He's down!"

"Yes he is! Wow! Good team work!" Seth plays along, although we both know it was all Seth's work that beat the boss. Scorpius didn't know what he was doing at all.

Scorpius smirks in triumph. "Yes!"

"Alright. I'm out of here."

I took a long shower, I cleaned my room, then I got dressed. I even curled my hair just for the fun of it. When I went back downstairs, Scorpius and Seth are playing a different game, completely ignoring me. Either I go out by myself or I find someone to bother for the day.
Roxanne is most likely with her family having fun.
Colleen is still at Texas with Nina.
Fred and anyone of the Weasley and Potter family are off the list.
That leaves me with Edward. But then he could be with the Potters or with his grandmother.
I don't know. Maybe I'll just go out by myself and have a ME DAY.
It's already 3 in the afternoon but there's still enough time to roam around London.