46. Nightmares

It's finally the last week of school. We still have 6 exams and 1 Quidditch match, so it will be quite an eventful week. Everything has been crazy since last week. The dark creatures that give people nightmares, they are still here. I heard from Professor Longbottom that the Ministry doesn't want to do anything because there's only a week of school left and they see no point of doing anything. They'd rather wait until there are no students until they do something about the Sormentors. No one actually knows how to get rid of them. The patronus is a way to repel them but not everyone can conjure it successfully, so we just have to deal with it. McGonagall said that Sormentors give people nightmares and those nightmares are going to haunt us until our minds are clouded with dark memories and it's meant to bring out the darker side of people, hence why it is a dark creature.

So far, the only ones who has been affected by the Sormentors are mostly the first and second year students, and several older ones. They'd became cold and distant. That's all I know though. I've just been eavesdropping at conversations of staffs and professors to get these information. They don't actually tell us a lot, so that we don't get scared I suppose.

Nevertheless, we only have one week left. What could possibly go wrong?

"I wished I actually paid attention to Slughorn instead of spacing out." Fred pouted as he stared at the Potions book. Last minute studying. Our Potions exam is today and I am freaking out inside but I'm trying not to show it too much. Sure, I've studied but have I studied the right stuff? I don't know.

I nodded at him in agreement. "I wished I paid attention to Edward when he tutors me sometimes instead of spacing out and staring at his face." It's not my fault he's cute. "WAIT. I mean, I don't stare at his face? Haha."

Seth rolled his eyes while Colleen sent me a smirk. "You're so adorable, Sammy." Colleen cooed. "Don't worry, I think you'll be fine. You are passing the class, aren't you? If Slughorn didn't give you the private talk, you shouldn't worry. He gave Lowell the talk, the 'I'm worried you have to repeat the class' talk."

Nina groaned. "Guys, don't stress out too much okay? This is why I hate exams. It's like our whole future depends on it but you know what? It doesn't. My cousins are also worried about a test they're taking around this time. It's called the SAT test an their scores determines whether they get accepted to a good college or not and I hate it so damn much. Just, relax and do your best. We'll be fine."

We all smiled at Nina and didn't say anything else as we ate our breakfast.
When Edward finally arrived at the Great Hall, I smiled and greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. I feel like I've grown too attached to him these past few days and I'm scared that he's going to find me clingy. I was expecting him to say something like, 'So are you lot ready for today's exam?! Because I am!!', which is something he does almost every morning since we started the O.W.Ls exam but today is an exception. He just sat down, poured milk and cereal on his plate and not a word came out from him.

It wasn't just me who was surprised because even Nina, Colleen, Fred and Seth are giving him the same confused look. Edward must have noticed our gaze and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at us. "Am I too handsome that you all have to watch me eat? I'm okay with my darling doing that but the rest of you? I might have to charge you a sickle."

I bit my lip to suppress a smile while everyone else lost their puzzled expressions. Now, that's a normal thing for him to say.

***

The Potions exam, I don't know how I feel about it. I think I did okay but I don't know. I kind of just winged it. I wasn't completely clueless, so that's good, but it wasn't like I knew what I was putting on my exam. Out of all the exams I've taken, this is the one that I have a high chance of getting a low score. Oh well, let's just hope for the best.