38. Field Trip

It's field trip day today. We are on a massive forest next to a private wizarding school in Ireland and we have to hike our way up the mountains, where most magical creatures can be found. Hagrid wanted to take 3rd years and up students to a forest on another country so we can see more magical creatures in person and observe them. He could only take 50 students, however, but our group is still pretty large.

"Down in the forest -- "

"Teddy, do you really have to make noises the whole time we walk? We just got here for Merlin's sake. We've got a lot more miles to go." Roxanne grunted while rubbing her forehead.

The boy grinned and nudged her with his elbow. "Well, Rox, you should feel lucky that I'm giving you a free concert. I should be charging everyone a couple of galleons because they get to hear my wonderful singing."

Roxanne simply rolled her eyes before walking further in the group, joining Natasha Bell. The poor girl woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and now she's not on her best mood. Edward making noises right next to her wasn't really helping out. Roxanne's quite exhausted and Lupin is the opposite.

"Please, Lupin, spare us with your 'wonderful singing' as some of us would like to keep our hearing senses." Prince commented, walking through our group along with his minions, Zabini and Rosier. Ladies, Thomas, Weasley, Avery." He gives Colleen, Nina, Lowell, Fred and Seth a nod of acknowledgement before turning to me. "And the good looking Avery."

"Do you think Hagrid would notice if 3 certain dimwits go missing?" Edward questioned loudly, referring to the 3 Slytherins in front of us. "I mean, I don't think so, right? We'll just say they decided to live with the forest trolls, with their family."

"At least we'll have a family. You, on the other hand..." Rosier gave him a pout before flipping us all with his middle finger.

"Don't be daft, Mark." Zabini chuckled bitterly. "He'll have a family. He's wolf boy, remember? Just like his werewolf father. He'll be with beasts."

I don't understand how these boys live like this, honestly. How do their parents raise them? From what I've heard, Darren Zabini's father is quite decent, but his mother is a cold hearted maniac. Rosier's parents used to be Death Eaters as well, but they just hate everyone that's not them. And then there's Prince; his father is obviously a suspicious bloke who is up to something bad. I don't know what happened to his mother, but I just can't imagine how these people act that way. So cruel and careless about it.

"One more word from any of you and my wand might just go crazy with hexes. I've been practicing and I'm dying to use those hexes on somebody." I warned, glaring at the Slytherin boys.

"Oh, so terrifying." Prince replied mockingly. "Go ahead, I'm not afraid."

Without hesitating, I got my wand from my purse and pointed it at Prince. Unfortunately, my wand flew out of my grasp before I could even utter a noise. "Sam, Calum." Hagrid's voice interrupts. "Behave. Remember what I said before we left? Any funny business and you will be facing McGonagall when we return. Am I clear?"

"Yes, professor." I sigh, glaring at Prince one more time before going behind Seth.

"I knew you couldn't do it." The git winks before running off.

"Darling, that was bloody brilliant. I'm proud and slightly turned -- "

"Shush, Edward." I hissed quietly, my eyes darting towards Seth. I put a finger over my lips, gesturing for him to be quiet.

"Right. About that, when are we -- "

"Not now." I sigh, jumping over a log. This forest is so filthy. But I suppose, that's why Hagrid chose it. No one really comes here because the magical creatures are dangerous, so there's no one to take care of the forest but the animals and mother nature. "I told you Edward, soon."