34. Ser Hodgkin's Secret

I have missed this. The crazy, loud environment of the Gryffindor Common Room. People are on their own groups, gossiping, playing games, sleeping, spacing out, and then we have my group. Edward and Fred drank caffeine during the feast and now they're being the loudest ones in here, singing loudly as they listen to music and play games with first and second year students. Seth and I are sitting by the fireplace, along with Roxanne, Colleen, Lowell, Francis and Nate. Nina is having stomach cramps and has a killer headache so she went to bed, even though it's only 9 o'clock at night.

Roxanne and Colleen demanded I tell them about the boy who I kissed on New Years Eve, which apparently was something a lot of people saw on the television. I told them about 'Jon' who I met when I was little and I see like once every blue moon, so he didn't really matter. As they know, Jon is just a boy who is kind of my friend and we kiss sometimes. They literally have no clue about Lupin's alter ego. I haven't told anyone about it just yet. As for now, it's mine and Edward's little secret. Everything that happened between us over the break is a secret, until we decide what to make of it. Speaking of me and Edward, nothing's changed. He's still flirty and annoying, but twice the charm and teases. He really means it when he said 'Teddy Lupin doesn't give up.'

"Take me with you
'Cause even on your own,
You are not alone

Take me with you
'Cause even by yourself, my love
You are something else"

Fred doesn't sing a lot, but when he does, he really amazes everyone around him because of his wonderful voice. I don't know where he got it from, but I'm guessing from his mother because George Weasley isn't much of a singer.

"One summer turns into ten summers
One lover turns into ten others
But this memory is still with me

So close bring me in so close
Your clothes underneath my clothes
Once upon a time in Portugal"

Edward looks up from the board game he's playing and sent me a wink, which caused me to look away embarrassed by the fact that he caught me watching him.

"I saw that." Roxanne whispered with a small grin. "Is there something you're not telling me, Avery?"

"Yes." I scoffed. "I didn't tell you earlier but that top totally doesn't match your pants."

Roxanne glanced down at her red jeans and then at her tie dye shirt. "But Fred said it looked good!"

"Yeah well, he lies. And don't take fashion advice from your brother. Fred and Seth both have horrible fashion styles so never take fashion advice from them."

Seth rolled his eyes at me. "Mum said I look good."

"Notice she said Fred and Seth have horrible fashion styles. She didn't say anything about Teddy." Lowell crossed his arms as a smirk appears on his face. "She likes the way Teddy looks."

"No I don't, Thomas."

"Yes you do. You call him cute, all the time."

"Colleen, stop this boy from speaking nonsense."

Nate chuckled. "Your face is a little red right now love. Just a little."

"Guys! Stop talking about me." I groaned, hiding my face behind Seth's shoulder. "Let's talk about how there's aurors at Hogsmeade earlier when the train arrived. Am I the only one who saw Violet Devane and Riley Everest? You know, famous aurors, partners in crime?"

"I saw them too! I don't know why though. Everything looks fine and no one is hurt. Maybe they're just doing random checks at Hogsmeade and Hogwarts?" Francis replies.