18. Shrieking Shack

"Would you go to Hogsmeade with me?"

"No, Edward. I told you already."

"Do you actually prefer being alone here rather than going out and having fun with me?"

"Yes."

While everyone is out either at Hogsmeade or somewhere out around the castle, I am inside the common room with my favorite cat. I was listening to music while drawing on a parchment where I was supposed to do an essay. Fred had scored a date with that Juliet girl. Seth is with Francis and Lowell somewhere. Colleen is with Roxanne shopping, which I wasn't really in the mood for, and Nina is at the Slytherin Common Room with Margaret.

Lupin is in the same situation as me. Fred and Seth are gone and James is most likely bothering Eleanor and Dominique in the Ravenclaw Common Room. He is bored out of his mind and wants to go out but he doesn't want to go alone so he's begging me to go with him.

"Don't be such a buzz kill darling. Come on. I'll take you to Honeydukes and let you buy whatever you want."

"I'm going to be honest," I sigh. "I do actually want to go and that Honeydukes offer is very tempting. I'm literally just too lazy to move and do stuff." It's such a silly reason but it's one of those days where I want to stay inside in silence. I'm wearing comfortable clothes and it's so warm inside. My body is completely relaxed and it's just so nice and warm and comfy here inside.

Lupin rolled his eyes. "But you get free candies and stuff."

I couldn't help but laugh at that. "You sound like you're a creepy man trying to lure me in your van with candies so you can kidnap me." Like in the movies.

"You know what? That's a good idea."

Before I know it, I was being lifted off the couch and taken out of the common room.

***

Lupin had carried me all the way to Honeydukes. Using one of the secret passages from the castle, we ended up coming through the cellar of Honeydukes where we got to snatch a couple of 'free' sweets. (It was more than a couple but it sounds better if we say a couple.) As soon as Lupin and I reached the main ground of the sweet shop, we saw Peter and Dallas.

Just looking at Dallas makes me want to run back to my dorm and find the nicest clothes I have. He is dressed so nice, way better than literally everyone in Hogwarts including Victoire. Look at him being cute and fashionable and look at me looking like I just got out of bed. Even Lupin is dressed decent. 

"Hi Sam! Teddy!" Dallas smiles shyly, his eyes traveling back and forth Lupin and me confused. Even Peter next to him was eyeing us with furrowed eyebrows, though neither of them questioned anything.

"Hello Dallas and Peter." I greeted. "You two are looking great!"

"Trust me, Dallas was being all fashion police on me before we left. He was like, 'That top doesn't match with your trousers!' so if I look good, it's all because of this boy." Peter chuckled, patting Dallas' shoulder as he blushes.

Lupin tilted his head as he looked at the two and opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. "We'll be going now. We just stopped to buy sweets for Dana since she's craving sugar and won't leave her dorm. See you around." Dallas waves before dragging Peter out of the shop.

"Bye." I called out before jumping to the left wall of the shop where they have my favorite candies. Chocolate skeletons are one of my favorite things in Honeydukes. They are cute and delicious.