41.5. Meet Up

I woke up feeling the pain from my waist. That taxicab must have ruined me badly. Edward and I had just finished interrogating the Malfoys and on our way back to my house, the taxicab crashed onto another car and the last thing I remembered was the pain from my waist and the rest of my upper body, and here I am waking up with the blue haired boy watching me with wide eyes.

"Hi." He says anxiously, watching as I sit up from the couch. "How are you feeling, Sam?"

"Alright. You?" I glanced at the bandage covering a part of his arm.

He gave me a reassuring smile. "This is nothing compare to my Quidditch injuries."

"So, what happened?"

Edward sat down facing me before taking my hand and holding it tightly. "Darling, don't freak out okay? Just listen to me first and then you react afterwards. Deal?"

"Nope. What happened?" I frowned, feeling my heartbeat quickening. "What's wrong?"

"Wait. Good news or bad news first?"

"Just talk, Edward."

He rolled his eyes. "You're lame." He took a deep breath and looked at me deeply. "Seth lost his memory and magic. He doesn't remember anything or anyone. Not even you."

At that moment, I felt as though I have been stab through my chest. My breath hitched and I felt my body going numb. My own brother does not know who I am. I'm already too late. He has already lost his magic and his memory. Our own father has ruined him and I can't do anything about it. I should have been there with Seth. If I was with Seth, if I had been caught with him, both of us would have lost our memories and magic. He wouldn't have been alone. Wherever he is right now, he's alone with that sick bastard.

"But it's okay, Sam. We can still fix things."

I shook my head and shut my eyes. "There's no point anymore, Edward. We're too late. What else can we do? We don't even know where he is. We've asked everyone, we've searched the entire city and beyond, we haven't got anything. We can't do anything, we're just... kids."

McGonagall is right. I should have just let the Ministry take care of it.

"No!" Edward stood up. "Don't you dare give up now, Sam. After all we've done, it's not too late. We can't give up. We can still do this. You and me, we're a great team, remember? We will save Seth. We will, and once we do, I'm going to officially make you my girlfriend and then we're all going to live happily ever after. And you know how we will do that? Together."

I stared at the boy in front of me, feeling my energy lifting. How is he still here, after everything? I've already given up yet he's still fighting. I guess it's true, Teddy Lupin doesn't give up.

"This necklace of yours," He held up the necklace that mum gave me when I was little. Seth and I have the same necklace, matching as we are twins. I suppose mum thought it would be cute if Seth and I get matching jewelries back then. Seth doesn't like it though, as he thinks it doesn't really fit his style. He just keeps it in his closet along with his clothes like a decoration. "I was able to contact Seth with it. It's like a Two-Way Mirror. You've heard of those, yeah?"

I shook my head in response, though I was interested. "What's a Two-Way Mirror?"

"It's a mirror that allows you to communicate with someone. There are two mirrors. Two different people will own that mirror and they can talk to each other through it. Just say each other's name and you will be able to see and hear each other. The necklace that you and Seth have works the same. You say his name, you will see him. He says your name, he will see you."

I quickly snatched the necklace from him. "Seth Avery."

Nothing. All I see is black, just like how the pendant has always been. "I've already spoken to Seth earlier." Edward brushed a hand through his hair. "I told him that he's a wizard, he has magic, you're his twin sister and that his dad is an evil prick but he didn't believe me. He just got angry and threw the necklace away, so now we can't see anything."

He doesn't even know he's a wizard and holds power.
He must feel so lost out there and it's all my fault.
If only I had been with Seth the whole time.

"Did you ask him where he was?"

"I didn't really get a chance to. I'm Sorry." He looks down, looking upset.

I learned forward and pulled him to a tight hug. "Edward, you're so good to me." I don't deserve him. He deserves someone so much better and isn't giving him a hard time in any way. "I don't deserve you."

He pulls away with a small frown. "I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, darling. You're so wow and I'm so, ugh." He smiles sheepishly, pulling me back for another hug. "But whatever, we deserve each other okay? We are the coolest people ever and we deserve to be with the coolest person and stuff."

Shaking my head, I pulled away and smiled at him. "Alright, Lupin."

He laughed and opened his mouth to reply, until the necklace in my hand started to ring, grabbing both of our attention. "Teddy? Teddy are you there? Samantha?" I put the necklace closer to my face so I could see the image clearer. It's Seth.

"Oh my god!" I gasped. "Where are you, Seth? We're going to come and save you! Tell us where you are and -- "

"I want to meet up." He interrupts with a blank expression. "I want to talk to you, Samantha. Only you. Not Lupin. Don't bring anything or anyone else. I want to know if I can trust you."

Edward and I looked at each other in surprise. I nodded at Seth vigorously, desperate to get him back. "Okay, yes sure, I'll do that. Where and when?"

"Tomorrow morning at 6. At London. The park. Where we used to always go when we were little."

That park was one of the places I had checked and there was no clue at all. He couldn't be in London at all, but it's worth a shot. I have nothing else to do but take this chance. "Okay."