27. Visiting Lupin

'You make my heart shake

Bend and break
But I can't turn away
And it's driving me wild
You're driving me wild'

"What's that song called?" I asked as soon as I barge in the large bedroom.

"Well hello to you too, darling." Lupin laughed, lowering the volume of his music. "Also, thanks for knocking. I could have been completely naked when you walked in." I rolled my eyes and stood by his speakers to listen to the song. I have never heard the song before but it sounds good and I really like it.

Seth and Lupin did their half a minute long handshake. "We just got here a minute ago. Your grandmother said we can go to your room and so here we are. Mum let us leave early, right after breakfast, since she'll be out of the house as well. We were going to wait a few more hours because we thought you'd still be sleeping, but Sam wanted to leave right away."

"Ah. I see the little bird was eager to see me." The boy with blue mixed with purple and pink hair gives me a smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself, Edward. I wanted to leave early because Seth woke me up early and made me dress early. Since we're already dressed, there's no point of waiting so it's best if we just left immediately. Besides, the sooner we get here, the sooner we leave." He didn't seem at all affected by what I had just said. His smirk remains as he opens his closet.

Not so fun fact: I had walked in Lupin's room and he was shirtless. Maybe I should have knocked first...

"Also, you didn't answer my question. What song are you listening to?"

'Leave this blue neighborhood
Never knew loving could hurt this good
And it drives me wild
'

"It's a song that just came out. Wild by Troye Sivan." He answers, putting on a black shirt. "Do you like it?"

"Yes! It's so good. I need to hear more from this artist." Right next to his speakers is the collection of the albums he listens to. I recognize most of them, some are new. Most of them are great albums and some are just alright. Although out of all the people I know, Lupin and I share the most common taste in music. "What else is good?"

"You might want to take home the entire album because it's all so good."

"I will."

"Wait you forgot to do something."

"What?"

"Give me a hug, duh." Just as I was about to reply, I was being lifted up and crushed against Lupin's body. I groaned and wriggled out of his embrace, causing him to release me and my feet touched the wooden floors once again. "You smell like vanilla -- and flowers." He sniffed my hair and then my shirt.

I stepped back and put a hand in between us. "Okay, Edward. That's enough invade of personal space for today."

"Ahem." Seth cleared his throat, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed and eyebrow raised. "If you two have forgotten, I am here in the room also. It's not just you two."

I sat down on Lupin's bed, which is thankfully clean and done, while Seth and Lupin talked. I noticed he has a box inside his opened closet, with Christmas wrappers around it. Those must be gifts and he still hasn't done his wrappings.

I am so tempted to look at it.

Getting up, I slowly made my way to his closet. However, when I was only a couple of inches away from the opened door, Lupin ran in front of me and shut the door. "Don't go in here. Don't even look."

"Why?"

"There's creepy things in there. You don't want to know." He grinned. "You know, failed prank experiments and all those stuff. Dirty laundry, stinky socks, unwashed undies, all those cool things."