35. Down in the Forest

One minute, we were at Hagrid's hut to get answers and the next minute, we are at the forest singing songs. On our way back, we stopped by the lake, just for the run of it, and that's when Edward started to sing. Right now, he's singing Forest by Twenty One Pilots while playing with Gypsy, who had followed us as we left Hagrid.

"Down in the forest
We'll sing a chorus
One that everybody knows
Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire
Singing songs that nobody wrote."

And here I am, sitting down by a log, watching the singing boy and running wolf. And I'm drawing them. I don't know why but I just really like the view. He just seems so happy and Gypsy is just so adorable and he's singing good music and it's making me feel like life is so good right now, just by watching them.

"Hey Sam! Would you watch Gypsy for a few minutes? Or -- actually, Gypsy, go watch Sam for a bit. I'll be right back." Edward says quickly before running off somewhere, leaving me along with the wolf.

"Did he just tell you to watch over me? Really?" I scoffed, glaring down at the creature. Gypsy just wags his tail and sits down in front of me with his head tilted. It's funny because it reminds me of Edward, when he's confused and he tilts his head with this cute confused expression. Oh, what am I saying? "Would you think I'm mad if I say Edward is kind of attractive?"

The wolf simply sticks out his tongue and blinks a couple of times.

"Wow, I'm talking to a wolf. I am mad."

As I waited for Edward to return, I took out my music player from my pocket and unplugged the headphones so the music could play loudly. Crash by You Me At Six.

It's 6:40 in the afternoon and the sun is almost setting, but it's still nice out here. The weather is nice, though it's still cold, there aren't any students around and it's just peaceful in general.

While I finish my drawing, Gypsy looked behind me and then ran towards that direction. I was about to follow him, but then not even a minute later, he returns with a single flower between his teeth, dropping it by my shoes. After I picked it up, I came face to face with a boy wearing a massive grin.

"Lupin, what are you doing?" I frowned, glancing down at the flower and a basket he's holding.

"I'm going to eat and play with Gypsy and sing and then study. And you should join me."

"This isn't a date, Edward."

"I'm not saying it is. I'm calling it eating and singing and studying at the forest." He replies, sounding sophisticated.

"Okay... I guess."

He set a brown picnic blanket on the cold ground and took out whatever was on the basket. He took out a couple of books, sweets, and a burger. "Winky made me a burger." He grinned widely. "Oh! And look what I found!" He pulled out a ukulele from the basket.

"That's Peter's ukulele." I sat down next to him and glanced at the open basket. He had more food and then a familiar little thing from his room. "Really? Candles?" It's not a date, he said.

"What?" He raised a brow. "We're going to be cold and we need fire to warm up a little. Although if you other ways, I'd be happy to make other arrangements."

"Indeed I do. It's called Incendio."

"Well well, no need to get violence." He chuckled, extending his hand to pet Gypsy. "Anyway, I'm going to do what I said I'd be doing. Studying." He picked up a 7th year Transfiguration book and laid down on the blanket. I returned to my drawing, finishing it up.