Chapter 50

“Aizawa!” You shout excitedly while swinging your front door open all the way. “What are you doing here?”

Your old teacher looks beyond you for a moment, seeing a group of his old students gathered in your apartment's living room. It had been two years since you moved into the apartment, your boyfriend moving in with you. Aizawa had helped you move some things into the place, and even bought you some essentials for the kitchen and living room.

“I was in the area and decided to drop by. What’s going on?” The ravenette raises an eyebrow with a small smile.

You move out of the way and allow him in the home. “We’re watching the sports festival. We would be at the arena, but Katsuki and Eijirou have a patrol in two hours, so they’re going to have to leave sooner or later. We decided to just get a group together and hang out for as long as we can, for now.”

The teacher nods his head. “What agency are you two working for?” He turns to look at the two young heroes.

Kirishima is the one who speaks as his boyfriend stares at the television. “We both work at Fatgum’s agency.”

Aizawa nods and looks about the room. In the living room were the two boys, Kaminari, Jirou, Ojiro, Mina, and Sero. From within the kitchen, where you had disappeared into, Shoji’s and Satou’s voices could be heard, along with kitchenware clattering. The idea that you were still keeping close contact with everyone you went to school with made him genuinely happy. However, he knew better than to say anything to anyone about it.

“So, are you on patrol?” You ask, emerging from the kitchen with a long-necked beer bottle in your hand. He couldn’t see the logo. For a moment, he looked from the beverage to you, raising his eyebrow. “Oh, yeah, I’m old enough.” You answer his unasked question.

A sigh passes through him as he puts a hand to his forehead. “I can’t believe you guys are old enough to drink. Twenty years old already, huh?” You laugh as he takes it in for a second. “Well, to answer your question, no. If I was on patrol, I wouldn’t be in here. Again, I was just in the area and decided to stop in.”

Before he could get another word out, Kaminari, who had been watching the man since he entered, piped up and smiled. “Hey, what’s on your hand?” He asked his former teacher with a sly grin. “If I’m not mistaken, that’s a--”

“A wedding band, yes.” Aizawa looks at his hand and then to the other adults in the room. They all looked at him with anticipation, but he remained silent.

You chuckle and put the drink down on the coffee table. Bakugou doesn’t hesitate before grabbing the drink and taking a solid swig, but you didn’t seem to notice. “Well?” You asked while waving your hand to lead him into the kitchen. “Who is it?”

With a reluctant sigh, he looked over to his former students through the doorway. Mina wasn’t even trying to hide the fact she was eavesdropping. “Remember Ms. Joke? She had her hero name changed to Mrs. Joke.” His arms crossed as you smiled giddily.

Mina laughed and jumped over the back of your tan couch. “Ahh! I knew there was something between you two!” Her black and amber eyes were brighter than normal.

There was a commotion for a while as he tried to get the girl to calm down. You only smiled and looked over to Satou and Shoji. The both of them were making homemade pizzas, and they were nearly done. “Thank you both so much.” You smiled and kissed Shoji’s masked cheek. “I really appreciate it.” You placed a kind hand on Satou’s shoulder, causing him to turn his head with a smile.

“No problem. I enjoy doing this type of stuff for you guys.” The brown-haired boy nods his head while taking a pepperoni pizza out of the oven.