Chapter 43

The morning carried out how you had expected it, and your hero course class was probably your favorite. Present Mic had come with Ectoplasm to take the class to Gym Gamma. Your mentor had created clones of himself to help everyone individually. Mic went around the gym to see how everyone was doing while also asking what Aizawa had talked about with them this morning.

When he finally reached you, he had asked the same question he had twenty times already. “Yo! So what’d Eraserhead talk to you about, huh?” He asks, raising his eyebrows as you plant your feet firmly on the ground. The Ectoplasm clone backs away, allowing you and the pro hero to speak in peace.

“Well, uhm.” You look up to meet the hero’s eyes, feeling entranced by his green orbs. “I guess I really don’t know.”

Mic looked shocked for a moment, looking over to the homeroom teacher watching from afar. “Eh? I’m guessing he was using his strange way of speaking.” The man put his fingers to his chin before doing a jazz hands sort of motion. “Well, he does like to be a little confusing when he speaks. Makes him sound mature and stuffy. Whatever, though! What’d he say to you?”

You pointed your index fingers at each other before colliding their tips. “He told me that my quirk wasn’t supposed to be looked at as something bad. He also said something along the lines of me becoming who I want to be, not who I’ve been expected to become.”

“Aha! Perfect for you-- Eraser really pays attention to his students, I can tell.” He strikes another odd pose while bending himself forward at the hip. His eyes shake a little bit as he presses a finger to his forehead. “You, I know, are one smart kid. From this year, you’ve got a lot to learn. However, you’ve got wicked potential!” His back straightens as he places his chin in between his thumb and index finger. Mic’s mouth was curved into one of his regular, abnormally large smiles. “I’ve seen your scores from all the tests you’ve had to take. Starting at UA as a second year is anything but easy. Hey, just start thinking about it like this: You’re one of the very few kids to have ever done that. Normally, UA turns down kids who come from later years.”

His words strike a bit of confidence in you. “Wait, really?”

Another smile comes over his face as he points to the ceiling. “Yeah! You just so happen to be one of them.” He turns his body, getting ready to walk away. “Good luck, little listener. Make sure you keep at your training. Show UA that they made the right decision letting you in!” With that, he waves a hand while walking off towards your homeroom teacher.

***

Two weeks had passed in almost no time. The sports festival was going to be starting tomorrow, and you had nearly no time to legitimately prepare yourself. Things seemed to be going so fast, so much so that the school day seemed to last only a few hours.

You found yourself walking down the stairs and into the common area. Shoji had gone with Tokoyami and Jirou to a local music shop, a place where they sold and repaired nearly any instrument you could think of. Ojiro had gone with Hagakure to a noodle shop down the road, and Mina had left with Kaminari and Sero to the shopping district. This meant you had nearly no one you were too close with around the dorms. The common room was even devoid of life.

Tsu and Kirishima talk calmly on one of the couches when you pass by them. They look up, both of them greeting you simultaneously. “Hey, (Y/n).”

You smile and turn to them before looking around the room. “Hey, guys. What’re you guys talking about?” A small yawn passes through you as you look to the two again.

Kirishima pulls out his phone and smiles. “Nothing much, just the sports festival.”

“He was trying to think of ways he can stand out compared to Tetsutetsu.” The green-haired girl says, pressing her index finger against her cheek before making a soft noise in her throat.