Chapter 30

“Do you plan on spending the night?” You asked aloud, looking over at Shoji as he opened the freezer with an outstretched arm. The both of you were in the kitchen getting bowls of ice cream. He had gotten you Neapolitan awhile ago, not very sure of what flavor you really liked. You appreciated his gesture, but never actually got around to eating any. Now it was time for the two of you to pig out, to have a little bit of fun -- the both of you could definitely use it.

The man thought for a second, his ink-hued eyes meeting your’s. “I didn’t think about that. I wouldn’t want to be a bother.” He places the tub on the counter as you pull a metal scoop out of a drawer beside the fridge. The bowls you both had were pale blue, being perfect half cylinders with a small, flat, and circular bottom.

You huff, crossing your arms. “Why would you be a bother to me? I love you.” The temperature of your face rises, the color changing, too.

He presses a hand on your shoulder, them being cool from the ice cream pail. The sensation sinks through the fabric of your thin top, hitting your hot shoulder with a slight sting. “And I love you too, but I’ll most likely have to go back to the dorms.”

As you fill the bowl with (f/flavor), Shoji takes a mixture of all three. He quickly puts the pail back in the freezer once the both of you complete your large portions. Once that is done, the pale-haired man walks over to the coffee table, setting his bowl down next to his phone, which seemed to be vibrating.

From what you can see, the screen was glowing blue, a few buttons on it to signify that someone was making an attempt to call him. “Oh, excuse me, (Y/n). I have to take this.” It was a call from his homeroom teacher.

Aizawa had made all of the students save his school number as an emergency contact. In return, he would have to keep his student’s numbers saved in that same phone, sort of like a “just in case” precaution.

You watched as Shoji stepped into the bathroom, putting the phone next to his head. Though he had no distinct ears, he could still hear. “Yes, Sir?” The boy said into the phone, wondering if he was going to get scolded for being away for so long.

The ravenette on the other end was silent for a moment, as if looking for a way to phrase what he wanted to say. “I need you to know something.” The seriousness of his voice took the student by surprise. “Please, find a spot where (L/n) will not hear you and we can carry out this conversation in a private manner.”

“She’s not near me, Sir, you’re clear to speak.” Shoji’s voice was just barely shaking.

A sigh could be heard from Aizawa’s end. “Sea View wasn’t just robbed as some coincidence. Two villains went there with the intent of finding (L/n). What they planned to do after that, the pros don’t seem to have a clue.” He paused, the sound of papers being looked through sounded through the phone. “I want you to stay there with her tonight. The police will be patrolling her street, but we’re not sure if we want to tell her about this just yet. If we do, we’re nervous of what might happen--”

Before he could continue, Shoji spoke. “What do you mean, ‘what might happen’?” In a sense, he sounded almost offended.

Yet again, another pause. “The police and some of the pros who are working on this case think that if she found out villains were looking for her, she might go looking for them. I’m just letting you know all of this so you can understand the situation better. This is a serious issue, and we need to keep it on the low. Understand?”

A lot of thoughts rush through the boy’s mind. What happened if he slipped up and said something? What would happen then? Are these villains that are trying to find you really all that dangerous? He wanted to ask these questions, but knew his teacher had only told him what he needed to know. “Yes Sir, I understand.”