Chapter 27

Dear (Y/n),

From the first time you and I met, I thought of you as one of the most fascinating people that could have walked into my life. You seemed to not care at all about what other people thought of you, and you were so friendly. At first, you were just another friend I made, but it soon changed from that.

You and I may not have been friends for very long, and you may not feel the same way that I do. I completely understand that fact, and I apologize if this ruins our friendship. Before I do finalize my emotions, I would like to admit that I have never felt like this with anyone before. It feels foreign to admit this to you. Once again, I genuinely apologize if this ruins our friendship.

I think I may have grown too attached to you and your presence. When you’re in the room, no matter whether you’re talking to me or not, I get nervous. Though, in a good way, if that makes sense. When we hadn’t known each other for more than a month, you told me that I was one of the only people you trusted, and that meant a lot to me. You really have no idea how much it meant to me to be important to you. Through everything you’ve been through, getting ahold of your trust was as precious as your very being. Anything and everything about you just makes me so unnecessarily and indescribably happy. Your honesty and grace is what really lured me. No matter what, your so passionate about what you believe in. If you have an opinion, everyone is going to hear it whether they want to or not.

Sorry for dragging this on and not getting to the point, I know I’m normally blunt. What I want to tell you, and what I’ve wanted to say for a while is, I really like you, (Y/n).

~ Mezo Shoji

***

Nothing you had ever read made your heart skip like this letter did. It almost felt as though you were dreaming. Afraid you would wake up, you held the letter close to your chest as you blink three times, each time expecting to see your bedroom ceiling to be above you when your eyes opened. You even went as far as to pinch yourself, genuinely surprised to find yourself still sitting on the couch.

A knot grew in the back of your throat, something you hadn’t felt in a while. Though, as you put weight on your feet and felt them carry you out of the living room, you could tell this tightness was different from what it normally was. When you reach the kitchen, Shoji had his back turned to you while he dried the dishes he had used to make lunch. The sound of pressure on the floor caused his body to tense, his hands freezing in an uncomfortable stance.

Without another second of hesitation, you rush towards him, wrapping your arms around his surprising slim waist. Tears brim your eyes as you embrace him close to you, smiling like a lovestruck school girl. However, the touch doesn’t seem to make him any less tense. At this point, he was waiting for you to speak.

“Mezo,” Your voice was almost a whisper. “I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy.” At that, his whole body seemed to practically melt. He shifts, causing your grip to loosen.

His body leans downwards, practically scooping you up into his grip. Your arms move around his neck while your legs wrap themselves around his hips. “You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that.” The feeling of his warmth enveloping you causes small tears to stream down your face. It was an odd sensation, to cry from being so happy.

Small sniffles come from your nose, causing you to cover your face out of instinct. “I can’t believe this is actually happening.” Your voice shakes.

The boy looks over at you slightly, not moving his head, but just his eyes. “Hey, hey, hey.” His soft voice breathes into your ear. He looks over the room quickly, biting his lip under his mask softly. “You better be happy.”