42.

Girl Meets The Holidays

Decorating was never Ryan's favorite part of the holiday season. Then again, he always hated the holiday season anyway. Everyone was always so happy with their families giving them their undivided attention now that they all had the time to.

Hopefully this year will be different.

Currently, Ryan was lying in his bed as it was the last week of winter break and he was bored out of his mind.

"Ryan," Cory came into the room. Ryan sat up on his bed and looked at Cory.

He sat on the bed next to Ryan. "You know that we love and accept you for who you are,"

This is weird.

"Yeah," He gave Cory a weirded out look.

"We want you to know that we love you, so we got you this," Cory pulled out something that he was holding behind his back.

It was an ornament. A gay pride ornament.

"Oh, uh, thanks Dad," Ryan laughed awkwardly, running a hand through his hair, taking the ornament in his hands.

"Is this your way of telling me that you want me to tell everyone when they get here?"

Cory awkwardly looked around the room. Ryan laughed and sat the ornament on his bedside table.

"I'll hang this when everyone gets here." Cory smiled and ruffled Ryan's hair before leaving.

Ryan flopped back down on the bed, continuing to be bored.

There was a knock at his window.

"Oh who could it be?" Ryan mused aloud to himself. He moved his head to look at Aidan through the window. Aidan waved with a smile on his face. Ryan got up and opened the window.

"So I know you said that you didn't want any gifts," Aidan began quickly. Ryan shook his head with a smile. "I really don't."

"But I got you one anyway!" He held up a small box wrapped in striped paper with a bow on top. Ryan laughed. "Of course you did. And you're in luck," Ryan picked something up from underneath the window, "Because I got you something, too." It was a blue bag with tissue paper sticking out of it.

Aidan put a hand to his chest and smiled. "You're a hypocrite."

Ryan looked at him in mock offence. "Rude!"

The two exchanged gifts with a laugh.
"I'll see you later, Ryan. My whole family is coming over tonight."

"Yeah, I think mine is, too. Say hey to Elena for me."

Aidan left and Ryan turned around, once again bored. "Ugh, might as well interact with my family."

Walking out into the living room, Ryan arrived just in time to see Topanga throw a small pot at Cory.

"Mom!" Ryan stared at Topanga as Cory caught the pot by the handle and continued to whisper to his 'Cory and Shawn 4 Evah' ornament.

"What? I told him I was going to throw it at him."

Ryan shook his head and dropped onto the couch. "This family, man."

The doorbell rang and Auggie ran toward the door. "Grandpa, grandma!" He opened it and Alan and Amy looked down at him with smiles on their faces.

Alan leaned down and said, "Here's 10 bucks, like me better."

"Okay!"

Amy handed Auggie a plate of cookies. "Here's cookies."