37.

"Ok, let's split up and see what we can find," Ryan said to Farkle and Riley once they were at the store. They were in the bakery aisle, looking for muffins.

They split up. Riley came back with blueberry and Ryan had chocolate chip and Farkle had double chocolate muffins.

"Wow, ok," Ryan said, staring at the muffins. That's a lot of sugar.

It should be fine, right?

"Let's go!" Farkle took the basket with several dozen muffins to the checkout.

On their way, Riley kept grabbing things.

"Ooh!" She picked up glitter glue.

"What? No." Ryan set it down. She pouted and moved on.

"Ooh!" She picked up unicorn cereal.

"No!" Ryan set it down. When they reached the checkout Riley picked up some canned drinks.

"Yes!"

"Yeah, ok."

__

They all set up during lunch in the hall, a plenty busy period where everyone was walking around.

The table had three boxes on it. The chocolate chip, the blueberry, and the double chocolate chip with frosting on it

"Farkle that's a cupcake."

"Technically, no it's not."

Riley smiled brightly. "I love cupcakes!"

Riley that's... not the point.

"Whatever." Ryan gives up and just puts his head in his hands.

The product sells quickly, and eventually, they're down to one muffin. Ryan evacuates the situation as soon as someone offers up their brother to buy a cupcake.

"So, how's it going?" Ryan said as he sat down at Lucas and Maya's table. Maya glares at him while Lucas sighs.

"How do you think it's going?" Ryan chuckles and pats him on the shoulder.

"Hey! At least no one is offering up their brother to buy a muffin," He rolls his eyes.

Maya laughs. "Oh, I would've loved to see that! Why am I not on your team?"

"I'm guessing things aren't going so well over here?"

"We've sold 14 out of 100 muffins." Lucas deadpanned.

Yikes.

"Why not make deals? Have a buy two get two half off thing?" Ryan suggested.

"They're a dollar, dude," Maya said.

Ryan shrugged. "People love deals, man."

"We're not doing that."

"Your loss."

--

"Alright, progress reports. What's new in make-believe corporate America?"

As everyone talked, Ryan observed the class from his position sitting on his father's desk.

Many kids were shaking. They were on a sugar high.

Cupcakes. Yikes.

Often times Ryan forgot how young they all were, and how they were basically just kids, which means sugar highs still hit hard.

"Ryan, you're fired."

"Yikes," Ryan glared at Farkle. He shrugged. "That's just business."

"Bro you're not some hardcore capitalist," Ryan thought for a second, "well, in here. This is just an assignment."

"Exactly. You're still fired."

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Riley and Maya stormed out of the class. Cory let them.

Yeah, they'll be back in five minutes.

--

Later in the period, they came back with a non-profit umbrella company.

Hm. Maybe Riley can be mature sometimes.

Evelyn Rand came in to fund it and rub it into Farkle's face that he needs to stop being a greedy capitalist.

Ok, that's not what she said, but basically.

Then Lucas got karma for being a sheep.

"You're fired!"

"I had that coming."

--

Ryan was standing at his locker putting away all his textbooks.

"Hey, Ryan."

Ryan shut his locker and turned to lean against it.

"Farkle."

"You still mad at me?"

"For being a capitalist jerk?" Ryan rolled his eyes. "A little"

"What if I bought you ice cream?"

"The anger would freeze and melt away with the ice cream."

Farkle laughed and put his arm around Ryan's shoulders as he leads him away.

"Great. Ice cream it is."

I know!!!! Its 11 pm again!!!!!!!

but I wanted a weekend update that wasn't the vday thing 

This prolly wasn't smart considering I should be piling updates rather than updating as soon as their finished, but I wanted to ask

what did y'all think of the last chapter? I've gotten basically no engagement and wanted to ask directly