18.

So, as Farkle phrased it, the time was nigh. Ryan couldn't be more nervous, he didn't even know there was a Jeremy in his science class! And now apparently he was a theater nerd?

Ryan slipped away from Farkle and the rest of them to find Sarah. She was a quiet observer, like him, only better. She was bound to know who he was. He spotted her sitting at a table with Darby and Yogi, talking animatedly while eating something from Tupperware.

"Sarah!" Ryan yelled, rushing over to where she was. He slid into the seat next to her. She looked over at him.

"Yeah?"

"You know everyone in our science class, right?" Ryan asked, still incredibly panicked. When she nodded, he continued.

"Do you know who Jeremy is? In our science class." Sarah dropped her fork.

"Hot Jeremy? Hot Pan-And-Proud Jeremy? Hot theater nerd Jeremy?" While confused, Ryan was still relieved. For one, apparently he was hot, for two, he was pan so he wasn't going to be asking out a straight kid on a date, and for third, Sarah knew who the fuck he was thank fUCK!

"Can you point him out to me?" Sarah had her back to the window, so she could see everyone. Jeremy was on the other side of the lunchroom, surrounded by people with instruments or folders covered in music notes.

Holy shit. He. Was. Hot.

Jeremy was a lanky Latino kid who had adorable dark brown curls falling into his face that he kept brushing away, incredible dark eyes, and dimples that made Ryan melt a little inside.

"Holy shit," Ryan whispered in shock. Sarah hit him on the shoulder.

"That's why I said Hot Jeremy, you useless gay!"

Ryan scowled at her, holding his shoulder. A realization came crashing down on him cold as ice.

"Shit."

"What?" Darby said, holding back laughter. This was the first time she'd seen anyone act like Ryan was acting now and she found it hilarious.

"I have to ask him out."

"What an interesting...urge?" Sarah tried.

Ryan dropped his head on the table, leaving it between his elbows while his hands tugged at his hair.

"Ugh, I told Farkle that I was asking That cute piece of shit," he gestures to Jeremy with both hands, "out to the dance," Ryan complained from between his elbows.

"Yikes,"

"Thanks, Yogi, I know!"

Sarah laughed at him and pats him on the back.

"Oh, you really are one useless bisexual."

Ryan groaned again, annoyed at how true that was. He sat up, dragging his hands along the table. Ryan sighed quickly.

"Well, now or never." Ryan got up from where he was sitting and gets yanked back down just as quickly.

"Sarah what the fuck," Ryan complained, glaring at her. She held him in place for a quick second, checking him over. She nodded and let him go.

"Alright, now you can go."

Ryan narrowed his eyes at her for a second before jumping up and walking away again. Darby raised an eyebrow at Sarah.

"What was that about?" Sarah shrugged. "I just wanted to freak him out."

The table erupted into giggles.

Ryan was able to catch Jeremy when he was away from the table, making that situation that much less intimidating. And by that much Ryan means none at all it's still incredibly hard to ask hot people out on dates why did his friends let him do this-

"Hey, Jeremy," Ryan said. He was standing in front of him and the trash can that Jeremy was walking up to. He dropped what was in his hands in the bin and looked at Ryan, slipping his hands into his pockets. Ryan noticed immediately that Jeremy was taller than him. It was hard not to notice, actually.

"Hey, Ryan."

"Uh, this might be coming out of nowhere, but, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance on Friday. With me. As a date," Ryan said awkwardly, playing with his hands, trying to look him in the eye without blushing. Obviously, he was failing, miserably.

"Oh, really?" Jeremy was blushing. Lightly, yes, but noticeably.

Ryan shifted where he stood, still playing with his fingers.

"Yeah. Really."

A smile split across Jeremy's face. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Ryan felt his own blush intensify enough to cover the rest of his face.

Faceclaim for Jeremy: Noah Centineo