40.

Ryan was sitting on his bed doing homework, because even if he wasn't at school he still needed to make sure he wasn't falling behind.

The door to his room burst open and Ryan looked up. Riley was standing in his door way with Maya.

"Sup."

"Sup? Sup? Why did you not tell me you got suspended for fighting!" Riley shouted. Ryan sighed and stood to put his books on his desk.

"I thought mom and dad would've told you."

"They did!" Ryan rolled his eyes.
"Then what's the problem?"

"The problem is she wanted to hear that from you, Ryan." Maya glared.

Ryan shook his head. "Why? You don't normally make an effort to talk to me outside of school."

"I so do!"

"When?"

Riley stood still for a second, trying to come up with an example.

"Oh! Uh, dinner?"

Ryan sighed. "That's a family conversation, Riley. It doesn't count for much."

Riley scoffed. "Well I'm sorry I'm so busy that I can't make an effort to talk to you."

"You should be! Because I try to talk to you!"

"When?"

"In the morning, at lunch, when we're getting ready, when we're doing out homework."

"So what you have a few more examples," Maya defended as Riley began looking guilty.

"It mean I put more effort into talking to my sister than she does." He glared at Maya.

Ryan closed his eyes and shook his head."Can you just leave?"

Riley nodded and took Maya out with her.

Not even a minute later Farkle came in through the window.

"Why didn't you tell me you were suspended? I was waiting for you this morning outside and I was almost late to school by the time I finally left."

Oh shit.

"Dude I'm so sorry my mom took my phone," Ryan apologized, running a hand through his hair.

Farkle sighed and sat down on his bed.

"What happened?" He asked, looking at the injuries on his face.

So, Ryan told him everything about the bullying and the fight.

"Wow. And your parents grounded you for that?"

"Well," Ryan looked away from him. Farkle narrowed his eyes.

"They don't know?"

Ryan nodded, looking at the floor. Farkle let out a short breath and gripped at the blanket under his hands.

"Who else knows?"

"Aidan does, but he doesn't know about the fight, I haven't had the chance to tell him."

Farkle nodded. Then, he left through the window.

"Farkle? Where are you going?"

The realization hit him.

"Oh shit wait don't!"

He shot up from his desk chair and tried to keep Farkle from telling Aidan but it was too late, he was already gone.

Ryan groaned and pulled at his hair.

He wasn't ready.