13.

"So do you think he'll sit with us, or her," Riley asked the next day at lunch. Ryan was sitting with her to provide emotional support.

And also tell her when she's being an idiot.

"He's only gonna sit with us if we ask him, Riley," Ryan said, picking at his sandwich.

"I try not to worry about things I have no control over," Maya said, shrugging. Riley laughed a little. "Really? Because that's all I do."

Farkle walked over and sat with them, sitting next to Riley.

"So do you think he'll sit with us or her," Farkle said, copying what Riley had done earlier unknowingly. Lucas walked up to the table.

"Hey, is there a seat with you guys?" He asked, standing at the end of the table, holding a lunch tray.

"Yeah, dude, there are always seats. But is there room for you?" Ryan asked. Maya hit him. "Ow! What was that for?" He glared at Maya while holding his arm. Maya scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Always room for you, buddy!" She turned away from him to face her friends, "I'm not helping myself, am I?" Ryan laughed and shook his head.

Missy walked up and took the still standing Lucas by the elbow and walked him away from their table. Ryan glared at the girl and she glared back.

"What's your deal with Missy, anyway?" Maya asked after witnessing the exchange between him and Missy.

"We have history," Ryan said, glaring at his food. "What!" Riley yelled. Ryan rolled his eyes. "We're not talking about me, we're talking about how to get Lucas away from her."

"Yeah, you're toast," Farkle said, looking over to where Lucas and Missy were sitting. Riley pouted and put her head on her hand. "I know."

After Farkle had to defend his honour of being the best flirt in their grade, he offered to go up to 'steal' Missy from Lucas.

"You would do that for me?" Riley asked.

"Well I'm certainly not doing this for me, toots, she's evil. If I'm not back in two minutes, she ate me. How's my hair?" Farkle asked, leaning forward on the table.

"Hasn't changed in six years," Ryan laughed. Farkle narrowed his eyes and smirked. "She doesn't stand a chance." He got up and walked over to the two.

"This'll be hilarious," Ryan said, turning in his seat to watch what was happening. He saw Farkle stick his leg out on the table and burst out laughing. He dropped his head on the table after a second, still giggling.

Farkle walked back to their table, stunned. Ryan still had his chin on the table as he looked up at him.

"It worked, I'm next," Farkle said, stunned and none too happy. Ryan just started giggling again, ignoring what was going on in front of him. When he lifted his head from the table, he heard Cory shout, "Detention!". Ryan rolled his eyes and picked up his backpack, leaving the lunch room.