Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Star

I'm watching as Marcel is starting to lose his temper and thrusts the knife in the air, ready to stab Kol with it, when Klaus rushes into the room and intervenes. Easy, Marcel, easy. Let's give Kol a little longer to decide before we lop off his head, hmm” Klaus asked? “Comments like that? He already thinks that you don't care” Marcel says “is that so, brother” Klaus asks? “You only daggered me a dozen times. You always cared more for Marcel than you did for me” Kol said.

“Well, I didn't realize I had hurt your feelings” Klaus said not really caring “yeah, well, that's the thing, innit, Nik? You don't know squat about me” Kol said with a small smile. “Thanks to Marcel and Star, I know all I need to” Klaus says, making Kol roll his eyes in frustration. “You're desperate to be part of this family, aren't you” Klaus asked? Kol looks down at the floor and remains silent. “All of your mischief was just attempts for attention. You know, the truth is, Kol, you're right to feel slighted. I mean that. You're right. But, perhaps there's still time to make it up to you”.

Kol looks up at Klaus in surprise, and the two stare at each other while I look at Marcel then back at Klaus and Kol, wondering what he has up his sleeve. Klaus leaves and I fallow him into the ballroom where Finn is still suspended by his wrists with his manacles. Klaus holds up the key to his manacles “so, brother, ready to embrace your new life of freedom” Klaus asks while I stand behind him. “I'm already free, brother” Finn says.

“You're aware our mother cares nothing for you” Klaus says and hands me the key and I put it in my pocket. “Niklaus, I assure you, my mother loves me. She loves all of her children. You would not exist without her sacrifice” Finn says and Klaus smirks, not believing him, and heads for the door, but he stops when Finn calls out to him. “Do you even know the truth? That she was barren? And she grew so desperate for a family that she begged one of the most powerful witches in history for help. Her sister, Dahlia. Of course, Dahlia's price was high. She agreed to make our mother fertile, but in exchange, she sought the first-born as sacrifice. Having no other choice, our mother gave away our beloved Freya” Finn says making me look at Klaus.

Klaus turns to Finn “our sister died of plague” “Esther gave her away. Think about that. The pain, the grief” Finn says, pushing Klaus's buttons. Klaus approaches Finn face-to-face “if what you say is true, then death is far too delicate a fate for her” Klaus says. “She loves us more than you realize” Finn says. “She has a very funny way of showing it” I said with my arms crossed. Klaus looks angry at Finn “and is love the reason she wanted my child dead” Klaus asks.

“She was trying to protect you from Dahlia's curse” Finn says “what curse” Klaus yells. “Dahlia demanded the first-born of every generation. Had your child lived, she would have paid the price! And, if anyone had tried to protect her, Dahlia would come and destroy us all” Fin says. Klaus glares at Finn, who looks almost scared and looks at me for help. “Don't look at me, if it were my choice I'd kill you right now” I said with a shrug.

Klaus and I are in the middle of the courtyard. Klaus is leaving Elijah another voicemail “I'm done leaving messages, Elijah. To say that this is urgent would be a gross understatement. We need to speak immediately” Klaus says and hangs up his phone. “Why does no one in this family answer their phones” Klaus asked frustrated. “Because your family is just so lovable” I said with a fake smile. It soon vanished when I saw Davina standing behind him.