Chapter 37

Star

I walk towards my room and hear Hayley holding Hope while she cries her eyes out. "Shhh, shhh, it's okay, I'm here, please stop crying, you're giving me a complex" Hayley says and Jackson enters the nursery to check on them. Hayley notices him in the doorway and sighs "uh, is it possible that I am the worst care taker on the planet" "you're a great care taker" Jackson says. I smile and head into the nursery to see Hopes face red and her eyes puffy from crying so hard. "Star" Jackson says surprised "what happened" Hayley asks noticing how I look.

"Long story" I said and looked at Hope "need some help" I asked and Hayley hands Hope over to me and she instantly stops crying. "How'd you do that" Hayley asks "sometimes it just takes a mothers touch" I said looking at Hope. "When did you get so good at being a mother" Hayley asks, putting her hands on her hips. "When Hope returned to me" I said and Hayley smiled and looked at Jackson who also smiled. I turned so my back was towards them. "If you two are thinking of doing anything please do it in Klaus's room" I say with a smile before going into the nursery and Hayley and Jackson leave.

"Remind me not to return to my room tonight" Klaus said standing in the doorway. I smirked and laid Hope down in her crib. Klaus walks over and smiles as he looks down at Hope. He puts his hand down and she grabs his finger, making Klaus smile big. "It looks nice on you" I tell Klaus and he looks at me "what does" "a smile" I said and he chuckles. "Well, you would be the first to see it" Klaus says and looks back down at Hope. "No one will hurt you" Klaus says to Hope "either of you" Klaus says and looks at me.

I look at Klaus and smile before walking into my room and Klaus joins me as I get dressed into something different before laying down in bed and Klaus lays down next to me. "Klaus" I say "yes" "can you talk, hearing your voice sometimes helps me sleep" I say and Klaus laughs slightly. "In every moment, a choice exists. We can cling to the past, or embrace the inevitability of change. And allow a brighter future to unfold for us. Such an uncertain future may cause for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming, whether we like it or not. The question is, will you control it, or will it control you"?