Chapter 32

Star

Klaus and I walked down the stairs where everyone was dancing. "May I have everyone's attention" Klaus said, carrying Hope, making everyone look at us. "I'd like to propose a toast. I want to welcome you all. As you know, last spring, Star and I had a daughter. Due to tragic circumstance, she was lost, now she has returned home. Her name is Hope. She will live here among you, her pack, her family" Klaus said as I stood next to him. "

We implore you protect our daughter, teach her, love her as one of your own. Jackson I invite you and your bride to live here, uniting your proud and noble people in peace. Welcome to the family, mate. To Jackson and Hayley" Klaus said and everyone raised the glasses, shocked. "Here" everyone said and I raised my glass to, hoping this wasn't a bad decision. Klaus and I took Hope up to her room, laying her down in her bed.

Soon after Klaus and I laid her down she fell sound asleep. "Must you intrude on every moment" Klaus said making me turn around to see Elijah and Rebekah standing looking worried. "I'm not here to quarrel, brother" Elijah said "it's Kol" Rebekah said. "I couldn't help him, he's not gonna last the night". I looked at Klaus who looked shocked. I grabbed my leather jacket and slipped it on "I'm coming with you" I said "no" Klaus said. "I'm part of this family too" I told Klaus and he sighed before we headed to the cemetery.

Elijah, Rebekah, Klaus, and I walked threw the cemetery before we could hear Kol talking. "Are you okay" we heard Davina's voice "yeah, I think I want to be alone for this bit" Kol said but stopped when he saw us. "I'm afraid that's not an option" Elijah said "always and forever is not just something weasel out of, brother" Rebekah said and Kol smiled. "And even though I don't like you that much I still don't want you to die" I said with a small smile.

Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus, Davina, Kol, and I all headed into a tomb. Kol was laying in Rebekah's arm while Davina kept trying different spells. "All my life, all I ever wanted was, you lot, to care about me" Kol said before coughing again. "Kol, listen to me" Rebekah said. "You don't have long, you're going to die, but you will die a witch, and we will consecrate your body. You will join the ancestors of the French quarter, and those spirits can be brought back And I promise you, brother, I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home" Rebekah said and Kol smiles.

Kol starts to cough again and Davina looks up, walking over to him and holding his hand. Elijah stood on one side of Kol while Klaus stood next to me on the other side of Kol. "I tried a different spell" Davina said crying. "It's okay" Kol said in a weak voice "I'm, I'm not scared" Kol said with a smile before coughing again but stopped and his eyes closed. I covered my mouth and started to cry, as did everyone else. Even Klaus.