Chapter 58

Long chapter, Hope you like it and please comment!

Star

Marcel, Freya, and I were searching the compound for Kol's ashes so we can swap them out before they're given to Davina. "Hey, by the way, can I get my magic back" Freya said. "Yeah" I said and took out the ring and held it in my hand and spoke a few words before Freya took a step back and I knew that she had her powers back. I slipped my ring back on and noticed that I was still a vampire. We continued to look around "Elijah said Klaus kept Kol's ashes in a blue urn. What he didn't do was narrow the field. Heaven forbid one thing not be a damn secret in this family" Marcel said.

"Hey" I said  sorry" Marcel glancing over at me. "And yet, here you are, casting your lot with Klaus. Is that because you think his plan is going to work" "that is the Mikaelson paradox, you wanna love and kill each other at the same time" Marcel said. "That part is true" I said and Marcel and I start searching a nearby bookshelf. Marcel has finally found a secret cubby behind one of the portraits hanging on the wall, which has a blue and gold urn inside of it. Marcel starts to laugh sarcastically as he pulls it out "look who got lucky" Marcel says.

Marcel looks inside and frowns, and Freya gives him a curious look. After a moment, he turns the urn upside down, revealing to her that the urn is empty. "Either you have a curious definition of luck, or someone got to those ashes before we did" I said. "Alright, we better find a way to stop that dagger from melting. Because if the thief is who I think this is, we've got a problem" Marcel said and we headed downstairs. Freya is working on a spell to halt or slow the magic that is melting the dagger in Klaus' heart, which involves sprinkling sand over it as she recites an incantation.

After a moment, she becomes frustrated when the spell doesn't seem to work, and she throws the rest of the sand on Klaus. "It's no use, I can't slow her magic, everything I'm trying fails" Freya says. Marcel anxiously rubs his brow with his hand while I lean on a wall. After a moment, we hear a faint whispering noise, along with creaking, and when we look up, they see that vines covered in black Dahlia flowers are beginning to grow inside the compound. The vines twist around the railings on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, and we all look incredibly alarmed.

"There's gotta be a way to kill her" Marcel says and Freya grabs the white oak stake out of her inside jacket pocket and holds it up, looking both unhappy and determined. "There is" Freya says "no" I say and Marcel and I lunge for her but she raises her hand and thrusts it towards us, pinning us to the wall behind us. We both desperately try to fight it, but we're both stuck in place.

Freya holds the white oak stake over Klaus' daggered body. By this point, the golden dagger's handle is almost completely melted, and has formed a pool of molten gold on Klaus' chest. "Freya, we can find another way" I say "I'm sorry, but I see no other way" Freya says with sadness in her voice. "No, you kill him, you kill me, too" Marcel ye;;s and Freya looks at Marcel, and is clearly not happy about doing this, as she has tears in her eyes and looks so anxious she is almost hysterical.

"I don't want to kill you" she says and looks at Klaus "I don't want to kill him". A crackling noise is heard as the dagger, whose handle is almost completely gone at this point, continues to melt. "This is the family I longed for, but because of her" she looks back at Dahlia's body with loathing "I'll forever be alone". "No you won't, we'll be your family Freya, please" I said. "I'm sorry" Freya says and lifts the stake up and is just about to thrust it into his chest when Klaus, who is no longer desiccated, reaches up and grabs her wrist to prevent her from finishing it. He looks almost touched after having overheard her confession about her family.

"Sister" Klaus says and lowers her hand but squeezes it tightly and affectionately. Freya lets us go and Marcel and I fall to the ground. "Klaus" I say and quickly stand before running over to Klaus as he sits up and I hug him tightly as he wraps his arm around my waist. Suddenly Dahlia gasps awake and sits up, looking absolutely furious about what Klaus did to her. Klaus is still weakened from the effects of the dagger, glares at her furiously.