Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Star

I walk up the stairs, heading to my room to wash up since blood covers my hand, my face a little, and all over my clothes. I pass by what was suppose to be Hope's room but is now a empty room. I walked inside the room and look around before, taking the room I before knocking over a few things. I'm throwing things around the room and destroying the furniture, completely overwhelmed by my emotions. Elijah hears the commotion and runs up to see what is going on.

"Hey, Star, Star stop" Elijah says and grabs my arms to calm me down but I quickly pull away. Elijah looks at me with concern and worry written on his face as I breath heavily, trying to catch my breath. "I killed her, Francesca looked me in the eye and begged me for her life as I tore her apart. I'm a hunter, I'm not suppose to be able to do that to a werewolf, but I did and the worst part is I liked it, in fact I loved it. But I don't feel better, I don't feel peace, I don't feel anything except anger and frustration" I say as my eyes start to water.

"Star, it's perfectly natural given what you're experiencing" Elijah starts to say "nothing about me is natural Elijah. I'm a vampire hunter who is dating an Original and to top that off I can't even go one day unless I kill something" I say. Elijah walks over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders "listen to me, Klaus loves you, and you know that, I know that. Your strong and you have ever right to brake" Elijah says to me. I look at Elijah "not when Klaus needs me" I say before walking past Elijah.

Klaus

Elijah is standing in front of a table as I sit in a chair next to him, we are preparing to destroy the rings. "Could you not just take a sledgehammer to them" I ask "these were forged by a witch, brother. And, as such, only the elements of fire and water can destroy them" Elijah says. He rolls up his sleeves and gathers a pitcher of water and a stone bowl with burning charcoal in it. "I'd have thought this would have brought you greater pleasure" Elijah says to me.

"As would I" I said, sounding depress "this was my fault, all of it" I say, making Elijah looks at me, surprised. "If I had just accepted Star's pregnancy instead of" I start to say as my voice breaks "playing king. I should have listened to you, Instead, my greed and my envy robbed me of my daughter, and possible the only person I care about" I say the last part more to myself then to Elijah.

"In a thousand years, I've survived your attempts to destroy me, brother" Elijah says and gathers up the stones and drops them in the bowl with the burning charcoal. "I imagine I can survive this" he finishes. I look at him confused "you chase my redemption, like a man rolling a stone up an endless mountain". Elijah picks up the pitcher and pours it over the stones and charcoal, destroying them. "Well, no mountain is endless brother, some are just steeper than others" Elijah says. I stair at the bowl, where the stones have broken apart, revealing small drops of my blood.

"As much as you think Star is not hurting I hate to be the one to say, but she is, just like you" Elijah says to me. "I know she is, but we lost our child, I mean, what could I possible say to ease her pain" I ask? Elijah places a comforting hand on my shoulder "whatever she needs to hear" Elijah says to me and I look at the ground with a sigh. I stand up and walk towards the living room, walking in to see Star laying on the couch. I sigh and walk over to her.

Star lifts her head so I can sit down. She lays her head on my legs and just lays there "it will get better" I say braking the silence. "When" she asks me, holding in tears that are ready to brake at anytime. I am silent, not knowing what to say. "You know I told everyone that it was Hayley's baby, that it wasn't mine". Star pauses for a moment as tears start to fall. "It was a lie, I miss her Klaus, I miss her so much" Star cries as I rub her head.

I pause for a moment, trying to find the words to say. "You know, over the years, I've had my share of friends, enemies, lovers, losses, and triumphs. With time, they all begin to run together. But with you" I look down at her "you never fade, unlike the pain witch will. Your pain will fade, I promise" I tell her "not until I can hold my baby in my arms again" Star says, finally saying openly that it is her child. "And so you shall, but in order to do that, we need to regain control of the city. Now, we worked separately to unite those wolves. We can work together to do it again, they don't need to be our enemies" Klaus says to me.

"Hayley, she's still in the Boyou, she could help, after all she is a hybrid now" Star says to me. I nodded, agreeing with her "after ambushing them, they're not going to want to be our friends, Klaus" Star says and sits up. "Maybe not us, but Hayley, they just might" I say. Star looks down "what about all our other enemies? The witches don't stop even after they're dead" Star says. I lift up her chin so she looks at me "we defeated my mother and her witches because we stood united. That is how we will face all our enemies, as a family, and no mater what anyone says you are part of this family".

Star smiles at me as I smile at her before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

Finally finished the first episode of The Originals Season 2, I have a lot of ideas for the second episode. There will be a lot of parts where Klaus shows he cares about Star in front of others.